Author Topic: Windows 10 store  (Read 5034 times)

Offline Dimpl

• View Profile
Windows 10 store
« on: July 23, 2018, 07:34:30 pm »
Last month, I discovered that 4gb of windows app bloatware was hiding in C:\Windows\InfusedApps and went on a deletion rampage. Unfortunately, this has now broken all Windows apps on my machine, I think due to a permissions error.

Is there an ETA on the Windows App Store repair?

Offline Dimpl

• View Profile
Re: Windows 10 store
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 08:20:24 pm »
Never mind, the permissions reset did the trick.

Have some money, you've saved me reinstalling Windows

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 01:09:30 am »
Glad to see the program was able to help you.

Before making any major changes it's always best to create a system image onto external media to restore with should things not go to plan.

Instead of a clean install to resolve major problems, consider a repair install which is done from within Windows and doesn't affect personal stuff or installed programs.

Offline Dimpl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 01:33:30 am »
I had the same issue on my laptop. I tried every built-in reset (including the one which wipes all files), as well as the in-place upgrade, and could not fix the issue. I ended up going with a clean install there.

I didn't think what I was doing was a major change. The only thing I did to apps which I still wanted to use was take ownership and give my user account full control privileges, but this was enough to cause them to no longer function.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 01:44:32 am »
With every update of Win 10, Shane has to update the repair program because of the changes MS makes to the services and permissions, but if Windows determines that only the Trusted Installer has ownership, any attempts to change that can cause problems.