Author Topic: Repair Parse Points Added Shortcuts I Can't Access  (Read 4218 times)

Offline Knightmare

• View Profile
Repair Parse Points Added Shortcuts I Can't Access
« on: July 24, 2018, 05:00:39 pm »
I have three HDDs installed in my system. I try to keep my music, videos, and documents all on my HDD, I keep my user folder on my SSHD, and I keep my OS and Programs on my SSD. Today, I ran the Windows Repair tool just to see what the new update entailed but I didn't actually run the repairs. Instead, I just ran the scan in step 2, which is optional, just to see if there was anything wrong that I didn't notice. The scan came back and said that there were Missing Default Reparse Points, so I told the program to repair the reparse points. Now after running that, I notice a bunch of folders in my user folder that are named like this: My Documents -> [J] D:\Users\Knightmare\Documents. My HDD, which is where I want my documents, is E:\. I just want to know if this is going to cause the data to redirect to D:\ or if this is just some sort of shortcut to E:\. I just ran the scan again and it's coming back with more errors, even though it said that it fixed the errors when I ran the scan the first time.

Offline jpm

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Tweaking.com
Re: Repair Parse Points Added Shortcuts I Can't Access
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 01:44:30 pm »
The program pulls form system variables for the reparse points so you should be fine - however spreading the system over three drives is different and I would maybe not use the reparse point feature going forward.  We can however fix them manually if there is an issue.