Main Forum > Tweaking.com Support & Help

Can't get past error message after initial file scanning on Windows XP

(1/5) > >>

darwinian2:
After initial scanning of files, an error message appears and prevents the program from opening the repair page.  Please help. 

Boggin:
What is the error message it gives you ?

Shane was supposed to have fixed that bug in version 4.3.0 - is this the version you are using ?

darwinian2:
I'm using the most recent version of the Windows Repair Tool--the one which states that the problem I'm having has been fixed.

The "error signature" consists of the following five items:
     AppName: repair_windows.exe
     AppVer: 4.3.0.0
     Mod Name: gdi32.dll
     ModVer5.1.2600.6460
     Offset: 0000ef40

The next pop-up is entitled Error Report Contents, which includes dozens of categories and hundreds of numbers.  At the bottom of this page is a message which says, "The following file will be included in this error report:"  I'll attempt to reproduce it below, assuming that the squiggly line is a tilde, which I will designate with that word in parentheses, since I don't seem to have the symbol on my keyboard.

C:\DOCUME(tilde)TERRIL(tilde)1.HOL\LOCALS(tilde)1\temp\1bff_appcompat.txt

Of course, I have no idea what any of this means but hope to get back soon to using the Windows Repair Tool, since I rely on it heavily to keep my older version of Windows working. 

Boggin:
Thanks for the Details - I'm sure Shane will understand those even if I don't :)

I've emailed Shane about you problem with a link to your thread, so he'll be able to read it when he picks up my email, but Sundays are normally his down time.

darwinian2:
Many thanks.  I hope it's something simple to fix. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version