Author Topic: WR 4.4.0 worked -- with minor glitch  (Read 4727 times)

Offline WAWood8

• View Profile
WR 4.4.0 worked -- with minor glitch
« on: November 19, 2018, 07:53:51 am »
The good news is that WR v4.4.0 did not exhibit the same issues with safe mode as did WR 4.3.0 or WR 4.3.1.  I was able to boot into safe mode using WR, run all the repairs, and reboot into Windows -- and the problems with earlier WR versions did not happen.

The BAD news is that, at first, the reboot appeared to fail.

I got a blue screen, with an error message about SRtTrail.txt and that it was preparing Automatic Repair -- which failed and offered no other options.

Fearing the worst, I cold booted, expecting to be unable to run Windows and having to restore from my MR image backup.

But ... PC booted OK into Windows with no apparent issues.

So, it worked -- but ended with a "scary" error message.  IF it does this regularly for other folks, you are going to get a LOT of posts here!

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: WR 4.4.0 worked -- with minor glitch
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 08:09:06 am »
In the process of figuring out what the bug was causing the old issue I must have done all the repairs and safe mode over 20 times last night in vmware windows 10 1809 and never had that happen once. Might have just been a fluke. It is windows 10 after all, it holds all kinds of flukes lol

Just in case make sure to do a chkdsk c: /f on your drive, just to be sure it isnt a bad sector or file system hiccup that might have caused it.