Author Topic: Envelope Printer  (Read 3513 times)

Offline JimboS

• View Profile
Envelope Printer
« on: December 09, 2018, 06:57:39 pm »
I am running Win 7 Pro and have installed Envelope Printer 2.01--i works fine for awhile and then seems to lock up and I can not select an address in return or delivery. What might be wrong? The computer has all current updates.

JimboS

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Envelope Printer
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 01:08:54 am »
Can you go Start - type eventvwr and press enter when it comes up.

This will open to Event Viewer and when it opens, ensure Event Viewer (Local) is highlighted in the left pane - if it isn't then just click on it.

When it has read the data and you are presented with Critical, Error etc. - click on Error and then on View All Instances of This Event in the lower right pane then look for time stamped errors for when the program locked up.

Clicking on any will produce more info in the pane below which you can copy & paste into your reply box by then clicking on Copy/Copy details as text in the lower right pane then right clicking in the reply box and selecting Paste.

Offline JimboS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 07:30:56 am »
Thank You for the reply. I could not find any error specific to the envelope printer. What I have trouble with is trying to select an address to send to or a return address--the address keeps popping up but not in the selection pane,I click to select one and it disappears. It is a great program and I Love it but always  have problems with the addresses. I will keep and eye on the event viewer when I use it again. Thanks  so much for developing the Envelope Printer.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 07:54:23 am »
On the off chance that you have a build up of temporary files, can you go Start - type %temp% and press enter when it comes up.

If that is highly populated then that could be a cause.

If it is then press CTRL a to highlight then press CTRL d to delete and confirm then empty the Recycle Bin and then see if the program still locks up.

BTW - The program belongs to Shane Croft who also has authored the repair program and other programs on this website - I'm just a lowly Moderator :)

Offline JimboS

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 03:40:22 pm »
Clearing the temp file seemed to help, I hope that is all it was-at least it worked for me right now. Thanks for your help.

JimboS

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 03:50:14 pm »
Best to keep an eye on those as when you get a real build up it can slow the computer to a crawl.

I once had to clean out about 3GB from one of my sister's laptops which was really slow.

You can also run Disk Cleanup as an admin which will also clean out obsolete Windows updates.

Go Start - type disk cleanup and when it comes up, right click on it and select Run as administrator.

If you've never run Disk Cleanup as an admin it can clean out a few GB in obsolete updates, so it may also be worth performing a defrag of the HDD after - unless you are using a SSD where TRIM will then look after it and you don't perform a defrag on a SSD as it can shorten its life.