Author Topic: 1809 is for the birds...so is Windows 10...PERIOD.!  (Read 3835 times)

Offline ComputerJunkie

• View Profile
1809 is for the birds...so is Windows 10...PERIOD.!
« on: January 03, 2019, 10:35:20 pm »
I decided to play some music and I was able to turn my speakers up to 100% without having issues.

I went to enhancements because loudness equalization will help and sometimes mysteriously gets shut off, guess with updates.

It's on! I played with it and then went to device manager and looking at the volume mixer, etc and realized that Windows removed the other sound driver I had. I have NO clue what driver it was, but it had a different name and was NOT owned by MICROSOFT!!!

So, now I am having to use the default volume and without LE on, at 35 and you hit the play test, you can't even hear it at all. GRRRRRR

And with this being an older computer and it's not listed online with this model, I have NO clue.

Also, read on another site that 4 Windows versions have intermittently hit people with their sound!

I am SO tempted to go to Linux and forego anything MS and sacrifice the things I DO like about MS.
Dell Precision M4600
Intel Core i5-2520M 2.5GHz CPU
16GB RAM
1920x1080 Display
Intel HD Graphics 3000 / NVIDIA Quadro 1000M
Intel Centrino WiMAX 6250
Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6250 AGN
Integrated Web Cam
Windows 7 Professional

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 1809 is for the birds...so is Windows 10...PERIOD.!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 01:40:16 am »
The 1803 update removed the Realtek HD Audio Manager from one of my machines that I had to go into the Device Properties to enable the Enhancements so that I had a decent volume level.

Yesterday when I was looking for a Realtek audio driver, I found that the Realtek audio driver download site is no longer available and you only get something in what looks like Japanese with links for just Ethernet adapter drivers.

My laptops are also no longer supported by Toshiba so I was unable to download anything from their support site.