Author Topic: Burn Windows 10 ISO to USB on Mac Failed  (Read 4747 times)

Offline reefalm

• View Profile
Burn Windows 10 ISO to USB on Mac Failed
« on: January 24, 2019, 10:34:47 pm »
Need to repair my dad's computer and trying to make a windows 10 install USB on Mojave with Boot Camp but failed. Got a black screen slashing when booting it on a Dell laptop

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Burn Windows 10 ISO to USB on Mac Failed
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 01:15:43 am »
From what I understand from the following article is that the Boot Camp Driver is for booting Windows on a Mac and not for creating a stand alone install USB.

The reason it won't load onto a Windows machine is because it incorporates Mac drivers for the machine it was created on.

https://twocanoes.com/create-a-windows-10-bootable-usb-flash-drive-on-a-mac/

If your father's machine has a DVD drive then if you PM me your address I can send you a couple of Win 10 Home x 64 1809 install disks - I assume the machine is a 64bit one ?

If not, then I can create the 32bit versions from the MCT.

I've noticed from your IP address that you are in the USA although the MCT also gives you a choice of languages.

Offline Hasier

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 02:01:05 am »
Trying other iSO burners,i know some free tools,the Free ISO Burner ,iSOburn and WiNToBootic are good at doing that,and like it,i have seen the tutorial on it,it will help you.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 12:41:27 am by Hasier »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 03:09:39 am »
Trying other iSO burners,i know some free tools,the Free ISO Burner ,iSOburn and WiNToBootic are good at doing that.

Burners aren't the problem in this case, but for a Windows ISO to be downloaded onto a Mac.

However, the Win 10 MCT incorporates its own facilities for creating bootable USBs and DVDs.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 08:18:32 am »
I don't know if you have resolved this but on a Google for how to create a bootable Win 10 USB on a Mac, I came across this article - https://www.windowscentral.com/how-create-windows-10-installer-usb-drive-mac

As you had created bootable Win 10 media, you may have done this in the prescribed steps, but check anyway and then try it on your father's Dell.

Do you have a safe to remove drive facility on a Mac ?

In Windows you would right click on the USB Flash or DVD drive and select Eject.

Sometimes incorrectly removing external media can damage the content.