Author Topic: Is Tweaking.com Windows Repair compitable with M2 units etc.  (Read 4837 times)

Offline Powderpuff

• View Profile
Is Tweaking.com Windows Repair compitable with M2 units etc.
« on: February 23, 2019, 02:11:38 pm »
I use Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Free/Pro the FREE version as a try out before I buy the PRO Version of the program.
At the moment the program refuses to go start Windows 10 (home version 1809) in SAFE mode. I see The start up screen but I can’t log in. Is that a bug? Or is there an update for it after buying the original version. I haven’t tried to Manually restart windows 10 into safe mode and start the program. Perhaps I do something wrong. I don’t know. I hope you can help me, so if it works I will surely buy the Pro version.

I’ve forgot to mention that windows 10 is installed on a M2 unit.Total of 3 M2 units on Aorus gaming 7 motherboard with the Latest bios F11. Is the program suitable for M2 units, because When windows restarts to go into safe mode I only sees the Login picture and NOT the possibility to enter anything. No Password or pin code. BTW: I have SATA drives as well, but Only as backup drives. So no programs starts from a SATA drive.

In the program there’s a big repair option and when it’s Running there is a moment when you possible have to Wait a long time depending on your system. I watched the cpu Indicator and it shows only 0%. So the program was not Working anymore. I had to end that option and the next Time windows restarted it had to scan and repair the harddisks 2 times!!
So I really don’t know what is going on. So before i buy the program i really want some answers which resolves my problems.

Thanks in advance!!

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Is Tweaking.com Windows Repair compitable with M2 units etc.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 02:38:59 pm »
I don't know what M2 units are but the program shouldn't have triggered a chkdsk.

I'll ask my support about this.

Did the chkdsks report anything untoward ?

I always advise creating a system image before running the repair program.

There have been a couple of reports about the program not booting into Safe Mode with Networking and the log in problem as well, but that was with an earlier version.

I recently did a test run on WR 4.4.5 on a Toshiba Win 10 upgraded laptop and the program booted into Safe Mode fine, although I don't use passwords on my machines.

Just to check, are you able to use Windows to boot into Safe Mode ?

Offline Powderpuff

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 03:50:50 pm »
M@ units are SSD directly on the motherboard. It's a print plate that is inserted directly into the connectors on the motherboard.
Checkdisk did not report anything bad.
Yes first did some backups within the program and a could restore them as well.
I only can manually restart windows 10 into safe mode. The program has a red button for it. I clicked on it
the computer restarted and I saw the boot screen and that was that. I couldn't do anything.
And the program didn't nothing under the big repair mode, that good take a long time. The cpu indicator shows 0% use, so I had
to stop that mode. I left the computer on for a whole night with the program running. In the morning I saw that it didn't go on,
as I mentioned earlier.
So at the moment I see no need to buy the program. You can understand that  :cry:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 12:24:06 am »
The back ups from within the program don't always fully restore and it has been found that while it says it has created a restore point, it physically hasn't which is why I prefer to rely on a system image on external media.

You can confirm if it has created a restore point by going into system protection.

I've reported your problem to my support so he will see your latest post as well.

I don't know what is stopping the program from running, but you could try installing it again.

Offline Powderpuff

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 01:11:31 am »
I did  a reinstall twice, but nothing!
But it isn't an issue anymore. I bought Reimage Repair and that program works awesome. Sorry, but no
Tweaking.com Windows repair anymore.
Thanks for your interest and help.

With kind regards, Johan

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 01:16:50 am »
Reimage isn't a program that I would recommend but as long as it has done the job for you...

The problems you found with the repair problem still needed to be reported though so they can be addressed.

You haven't said why you needed to run the repair program - or Reimage.

Offline Powderpuff

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 01:34:11 am »
Windows 10 home edition was "sick" with a lot of problems. And i don't wanted to do e complete reinstall. I have too many programs etc. on the computer installed. So i thought lets buy a good program which can fix the problems. Reimage repairs and also deletes malicious junk and so on. It fixes windows completely and windows 10 it's now without any problems. Reimage It did what it must do.

In the past when i used windows 8.1, windows repairs did his job well. But with the newest version everything is a problem using it. So i think the program has too many bugs. Perhaps in the future i will look at it again. You never know lol.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2019, 01:44:05 am »
Sometimes Windows Repair hasn't been able to fix all problems, especially with Windows Updates as they can produce a variety of problems.

What I like about Win 10 is how easy it is to perform a repair install on it which doesn't affect personal stuff or installed programs.

If you haven't created Win 10 install media yet, you can after reading the instructions at https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

You get the choice of creating it on either DVD or USB.

When you have created the media, open Windows/File Explorer - This PC - insert the media and double click on its drive.

This will start the process if using a DVD but will open to its files when using an USB where you would then double click on setup Application.

This takes 3 - 4hrs on my machines and as it is digitally activated, no product key is needed as activation is automatic.