Author Topic: Update program. Simple System Tweaker.  (Read 233 times)

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
Update program. Simple System Tweaker.
« on: June 02, 2019, 04:23:00 PM »
- I would like to see that Tweaking updates the Simple System Tweaker (SST) program. Currently more and more people install one or more SSDs in their system. I think SST can be upgraded with options to optimize the use of an SSD. E.g. some websites say that some Services should be disabled to optimize usage of an SSD.

Online Still_Game

• View Profile
Re: Update program. Simple System Tweaker.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 09:42:07 PM »
I've not long exchanged the HDD for an SSD in my W7 laptop and did quite a bit of research. I came to the conclusion that, while there are lots of articles out there telling you there are all manner of changes that you should make to your system, most of them are outdated and the article below suggests that Windows is quite capable of managing most of it for itself. I made no changes following the installation of my Crucial MX500 1TB drive apart from running Crucial's own Crucial Storage Executive software that adds additional caching features in addition to monitoring facilities.

https://www.howtogeek.com/256859/dont-waste-time-optimizing-your-ssd-windows-knows-what-its-doing/

So I've reached the conclusion that it's best not to meddle and let Windows get on with it - certainly performing well for me.
Iain