Author Topic: Canon TS5000 series printer installed but not installed-Please help!  (Read 15436 times)

Offline ha33y

• View Profile
I just purchased the ts5051 (not sure of the US alternative)
I am using PC win 7 x64
All installation went smoothly, drivers, software, all good. The printer is now on my system via USB. Appears as the default printer in printers and devices..great!
I try to print....NO PRINTER IS INSTALLED ON YOUR SYSTEM...hmmm
I go to printers and devices, click on the printer and then on printer properties and....NO PRINTER IS INSTALLED...
I reinstall the drivers (updated from Canon). Same thing!!!
Something on my pc is blocking it. The scanner works but not the printer.
I have disabled windows firewall and malwarebytes......still the same.
I know the printer works as I installed it on my laptop and it's fine.
Canon tech support say it's a windows problem and can't fix this. It's definitely a Windows thing and I need to track it down.

Also it won't let me 'ADD PRINTER' from the 'printer and devices' section, just gives me errors and says "Unable to install printer operation could not be completed error 0x000003eb"

I tried all 3 methods to no avail. I have tried the initial install disk, updated drivers from Canon's website and it is the same.
It seems half of windows sees the printer but the other half doesn't...I am going crazy here.
When going to the printers and devices page and click on the printer's properties I get the same results (see pic 'pixma28.jpg' above) the printer will not install into the print spooler directory, there is nothing there (see pic 'pixma31.jpg') although the printer shows up everywhere else....
What on Earth could be causing windows to install everywhere except where it matters?
I must resolve this soon, please help.

UPDATE:
Just went over to my Laptop which also has win7 and checked the install of this printer. It works fine. Having checked the Spooler folder on that, it too is empty! how strange. So apparently it doesn't matter whether or not it is inside the print spooler folder, it should still work....hmmmm
Just a thought....I don't have Chrome installed on my Laptop, only Explorer, do you think maybe this printer has a problem with Chrome? can't see how or why, but, I ask because, when opening a page after install which takes me to a Canon website, all my plugins in Chrome crash. Dunno if this has a bearing or not, but just thought I would mention it.
This get stranger by the minute, I do hope some bright techie will be able to help me find the problem and eradicate it, I'm really losing hope

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Canon TS5000 series printer installed but not installed-Please help!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 04:48:28 am »
I'm not familiar with USB run printers - my Epson printer is installed into the laptop.

Googling Unable to install printer operation could not be completed error 0x000003eb produces a number of links with suggested steps to fix this error, but from what you said, you have probably tried them all.

One way to check if it is something on a computer that is blocking something from working is to try it in Safe Mode with Networking, but my laptop doesn't see the installed printer in that mode, but running from an USB may be different for you.

An alternative to that mode is a clean boot and if that is successful, you can troubleshoot by adding items back and rebooting.

You say you have tried reinstalling the drivers but did you reinstall on top of the already installed drivers or completely uninstall the printer first and then try the installation ?

Offline ha33y

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2019, 04:57:36 am »
Hi and thanks for your swift reply.
I have tried the Clean boot, safe install and everything else I can think of.
Yes I uninstalled and reinstalled tons of times.
There is something in windows that is either turned off or is blocking this install, even though it does install and the pc sees the printer........and at the same time, when trying to print, it says no printer installed!
I am dizzy with the conflict and need someone who has a more in-depth knowledge of windows to help me out here...Please....

Thanks again for your input.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2019, 06:26:08 am »
The only thing that could be turned off is the Print Spooler in services.msc, but I don't know if that would give the error code you are getting.

Does Event Viewer or reliability history have anything recorded ?

Offline ha33y

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2019, 08:38:19 am »
Does Event Viewer or reliability history have anything recorded ?

where in particular in the event viewer should I look?
I attach a pic of the reliability history.

As for the print spooler, it doesn't turn off, it's still working all seems apparently normal only when I wanna print something I get 'no printer installed' ....so I can't understand what the heck is going on here....

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2019, 11:34:25 am »
In Event Viewer you would click on Event Viewer (Local) in the left pane and when it has read the data, click on Error and then on View All Instances of this Event in the lower right pane then look for any date and time stamped errors that occurred when you have tried to print.

As the computer is reporting the printer working properly in Device Manager but also that the printer isn't installed, I'm not sure if anything will have been recorded, but worth a look.

I'm not sure if the Troubleshooter for Printer would find anything but go Start - Control Panel/All Control Panel Items and double click on Troubleshooting.

Click on View All and then on Printer with the printer switched and an attempt at printing.

Offline ha33y

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2019, 12:29:22 pm »
Thanks Tom,
errors were found apparently something to do with error loading plugin, this has never come up when installing except to say that 'printer installed'.... check out the pics and see if you can help me get around this please.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2019, 03:57:26 pm »
I assume you are using a wireless connection between the laptop and printer but have to use USB for your desktop pc because it doesn't have wireless capability ?

If that is the case, you can share the wireless from your laptop to the desktop pc by on the laptop, go Start - type ncpa.cpl and press enter when it comes up.

Right click the wireless one and select Properties then under Sharing check the box to allow other network users... - OK then Ethernet connect the laptop to the pc and see if the printer works then.

I haven't been able to find any info on that CNMUIDF.DLL plug-in - perhaps Canon may be able to help now that you have ID'd the problem.

Offline ha33y

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2019, 04:03:36 pm »
No I don't use my Laptop, it's only for travelling or as a backup.
I just tried it on there to see if the problem was with the printer but since it worked fine, it's got me stumped.
If its a driver problem with this file not loading, why the heck does it load on my Laptop.....?

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2019, 12:42:27 am »
I don't know why it should work on the laptop but not on the desktop but thought trying the same way of connecting using wireless on the desktop could resolve.

I don't know if it could be a power issue, but do you have USB ports on the rear of the desktop ?

These normally have a higher voltage than the side ones and sometimes using those ports can resolve problems.

Offline ha33y

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2019, 04:47:47 am »
Hi and thanks,
I actually tried installing the printer under wireless rather than usb and it still failed.
I have tried every usb port on my system and it is the same.
This is the current response from Canon.

Thank you for your email, I’m sorry that you are still having problems with your printer install, I’m afraid that the error your system is showing is a fault with the operating system and we cannot offer support on this.

The print spooler is a system function, if it fails to load the required DLL’s then this is due to rights and permissions, anti-virus or other security issues or down to the operating system itself.

I would advise removing all canon printers and drivers, from the control panel enter administrivia tools, print management then print servers.

Remove all old and unrequired printers.

Ensure that all updates and patches are downloaded for the operating system then restart the computer.

Log in as an administrator then download and install the Canon drivers again, if the print spooler still fails then you may need to reinstall the operating system or contact Microsoft for further support.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Needless to say I did all this as you are aware........damn! it's looking increasingly like im gonna have to bite the bullet and reformat.....I really didn't want to go down that road.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2019, 05:07:31 am »
That 0x5 error code is an Access Denied so you could try all of the uninstall/reinstall using the hidden admin account or creating another admin account should your profile have become corrupt.

To activate the hidden admin account, go Start - type cmd then right click on cmd and select Run as administer.

Enter net user administrator /active:yes then shutdown /r /t 00 to effect an immediate reboot.

You'll then see the admin icon with which you log in with.

To disable the hidden admin account after, enter net user administrator /active:no and reboot.

Offline ha33y

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2019, 07:28:11 am »
Thank you, just tried that but again it's the same.....I was really hopeful this was going to work. Nice fresh desktop under the administrator but alas....same rubbish!
I am so frustrated.......got no hair left!!!

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2019, 07:41:15 am »
I'll pass this onto my Support to see if he has any ideas as I'm also out of them for the moment.

Offline ha33y

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2019, 08:03:48 am »
That's very kind of you, I do hope they can help to resolve this nightmare swiftly.
Thanks for all your help thus far, really appreciated.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2019, 08:18:37 am »
If you are considering a format then I assume you can reinstall Win 7 and have a valid retail product key - sometimes the OEM COA sticker won't do it, although you could change the product key to the sticker key prior to doing the format/clean install.

You may have the option to do that in Computer/Properties or press the Windows key and r together and type Slui 3 and press Enter where a window will pop up where you can enter the product key.

However, there is the option of a repair install that won't affect personal stuff or installed programs and this is done from within Windows.

Go Start - Computer - insert the install disk and double click on its drive which will start the process.

You will also need to enter a valid product during this process - for some reason though, this has failed to complete on my Toshiba Win 7 laptop.

It gets so far and then rolls back.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 08:20:26 am by Boggin »

Offline ha33y

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2019, 08:24:47 am »
Yep indeed, I tried that too and it went half way then said 'failed' and rolled back the whole thing.

we need to find out why permissions are not granted. Someone must have come across this before surely......

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2019, 08:35:39 am »
I don't know if taking ownership of that CNMUIDF.DLL file would do it, but you could create a restore point after clicking on the blue Take Ownership Menu Hacks link near the bottom of this article.

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-take-ownership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

The location of that file is given in Event Viewer.

With this option added to the right click context menu, you could right click on that file and then on Take Ownership and see if that does it.

Offline ha33y

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2019, 12:01:59 pm »
Nice idea, tried it but alas same thing........someone doesn't want me to open this printer!
keep the deeper bright ideas coming....
did your support peeps have any other ideas?

Thanks

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2019, 02:15:16 pm »
I haven't heard back from him yet - he normally takes a few days to respond to my emails because he's generally busy.

It may be that somewhere in the path inside the Drivers folder is where the blockage may be.

Create another restore point and take ownership of the full Drivers folder to see if that makes any difference.

That may take a few minutes because of the size of the folder - I think I remember it being about 79MB when I once backed it up on my Win 7 laptop.

Offline ha33y

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2019, 02:22:32 pm »
I just uninstalled the printer again, should i install the drivers then take ownership of the compete folder?

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2019, 02:27:35 pm »
Nothing to lose, but create a restore point first.

Offline ha33y

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2019, 02:28:40 pm »
how about if i take control before installing? perhaps with me controlling it will install properly?

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2019, 02:32:25 pm »
Worth a try - do you have its installation saved on your computer ?

Offline ha33y

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2019, 02:33:51 pm »
i have the full install and the updated drivers too on my computer