Author Topic: CRASH  (Read 4509 times)

Offline gd711

• View Profile
CRASH
« on: June 23, 2019, 10:27:20 pm »
What has happen to some later editions? I tried to use to repair W 10 and it Crash and it was a nightmare getting back as it wouldn't let use Restore point
The second one i used reboot with networking and crashed again -this let me use restore point

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: CRASH
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 12:36:31 am »
What is the reason why you ran the repair program and are you using the latest 1903 version of Win 10.

Open a Command Prompt (Admin) and enter chkdsk /r and follow the prompts to run it on the next reboot.

When that has completed, open Event Viewer ensuring Event Viewer (Local) is highlighted in the left pane - if it isn't then just click on it.

When it has read the data, expand Windows Logs and click on Application/Action/Find and type chkdsk or wininit into the Find box and press enter.

Cancel the Find box and read the chkdsk report in the scrollable pane below.

Primarily you are looking to see if it reports any KBs in bad sectors.

If it does, then create a system image onto external media immediately to prepare for full failure of your HDD.

If the report is clean then open another Command Prompt (Admin) and enter these cmds - each will take a little while to run.

dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

Each of the first two should report as having successfully completed.

If the sfc /scannow reports it is unable to repair some files then download and run SFCFix.exe and post its report.

https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/sfcfix.html

If the sfc /scannow reports no integrity violations then check to see if you have the same problem.

I would also advise you to change your forum username to something other than your email address as this is a public forum and you could end up getting all sorts of crap sent to you.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 12:46:28 am by Boggin »