Author Topic: Tweaking.com - WR | Advanced Repairs (Pro) | Missing Package Files - Reg Cleanup  (Read 5050 times)

Offline DonZ1960

• View Profile
For Tweaking.com - Windows Repair | Advanced Repairs (Pro) | Missing Package Files - Reg Cleanup at the end of the process on, I think it was called, the Administrative Screen, which I think was gray, and, it asked "Permanently delete the registry key, I think HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,\???????????\C ? Yes/No".

I apologize for not writing down at the time of exectuion the screen name, screen color and registry key.

I answered No and the process ended and my PC has run OK since then.

I do not remember getting asked this question previously when I ran Missing Package Files - Reg Cleanup.

Why is that question there?

What are the implications of answering Yes or No?

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I've never had missing package files so have never had to go through that procedure to see what you have seen.

I'll pass this on to see if I can get an answer for you.

Offline DonZ1960

• View Profile
Whoever designed the Tweaking.com - Windows Repair | Advanced Repairs (Pro) | Missing Package Files - Reg Cleanup should know the answer.

I am assuming that this process will permanently delete the registry key of missing package files if I choose "Yes" and since they are missing I assume it should not cause a problem on my PC.

Please get an answer to my question and assumptions?

Thanks!

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I'd passed this on for you but haven't had a reply yet.

I'll email Shane again about this.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What I'd do with this is to create a manual restore point, ensure it is there and then delete that registry key so that you would have something to fall back on.

I haven't had a reply back from Shane yet, but if I haven't heard back from him by next Monday then I will be leaving the forum, because I've had enough of my emails going unanswered.

I told him in my last email that if that if that continued then I'd be leaving the forum.

Offline Still_Game

• View Profile
What I'd do with this is to create a manual restore point, ensure it is there and then delete that registry key so that you would have something to fall back on.

I haven't had a reply back from Shane yet, but if I haven't heard back from him by next Monday then I will be leaving the forum, because I've had enough of my emails going unanswered.

I told him in my last email that if that if that continued then I'd be leaving the forum.

It would be a shame if you left the forum, Tom, but I can understand your frustration - Shane doesn't appear to have been active here for a long time. It doesn't help me retain my faith in the software nor its future.
Iain

ThinkPad T450s W10 Pro x64
Windows Defender, Malwarebytes Premium
Macrium Reflect 7 Home, Tweaking WRAIO Pro

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thanks - While I don't know about the other programs, he keeps the repair program up to date because of the changing Permissions in Win 10.

I only refer the repair program queries to him when I don't have an answer for them and I imagine it's just as frustrating for those members who don't get the answers they are looking for.

Offline DonZ1960

• View Profile
Tom,

I appreciate your excellent support since I joined in Feb 2018.

Your answer works for me and I believe my assumptions are correct.

It would be a shame if you left the forum as you have probably helped countless users.

You might know more than Shane now about Tweaking.com - Windows Repair at least at the support level.

Perhaps there is documentation that Shane can send to you to help you with how Tweaking.com - Windows Repair has been designed so he does not have to be bombarded with questions from users so he can concentrate on fixes/upgrades.

Thanks!
Don Zimmermann

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thanks for your appreciation but I doubt I'll ever know more about the repair program than Shane :)

I did get a reply from Shane but it wasn't about your query, so he's still lagging on others.