Author Topic: SFC Scannow  (Read 29343 times)

Offline kdent

• View Profile
SFC Scannow
« on: August 21, 2019, 02:17:29 pm »
It found bad files could not repair them .Try re install 10 with media  boot  could not find it on my thumb drive with thur  windows recovery it took about 2 hours to re install i mess with it on the web then checked another scan an it fail just like the one before   ????? Thanks guy for any help.....Scott  I have checked for updates all o k
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 02:55:59 pm by kdent »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SFC Scannow
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 03:46:41 am »
With Win 10 I've found that when a sfc /scannow reports it is unable to repair files, running the cmd dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth another sfc /scannow will report that it has found corruption and was able to repair all files.

However, as the sfc /scannnow still reports that after a reinstall, then run a chckdsk /f

To view its log, open Event Viewer ensuring Event Viewer (Local) is highlighted in the left pane - click on it if it isn't and when it has read the data, expand Windows Logs - click on Application/Action/Find and type chkdsk into the Find box.

Cancel the Find box and read the report in the scrollable window below.

You are looking to see if it reports any KBs in bad sectors.

If it does, immediately create a system image onto external media then run a chkdsk /r which will block the bad sectors from being written to and move data to good sectors of the HDD.

If the chkdsk comes back clean, then there is the option of a Reset through the advanced boot options.

This can retain your personal stuff but will remove all installed programs.

After the reset, an icon will appear on the desktop which will list all of the programs it has removed.

Offline kdent

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 09:57:40 pm »
I re in stall windows 10 Pro  thought every thing was ok got your program on it when to SFC scanow and the are bad files it can not repair!!!!!! I just put it in any ideas thanks

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 12:21:15 am »
Have you ran the chkdsk to eliminate your machine as the cause ?

You could create another Win 10 install media from https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 should your install media be corrupt and try a fresh install with that and then see what a sfc /scannow reports.

Was the repair program the only program you had installed after the reinstall of Win 10 ?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 03:16:50 am by Boggin »

Offline kdent

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 05:56:36 am »
yes I got it to do chkdsk /f  it came back o k on the link you gave me is it to boot off of? If it is I can not boot off of it???? Also try another command on the windows powershell (admin) it would not take it .(it is for my FSX program) it should take it it is the only way I can get to go in.I also ran a alienware thing that checks your computer it came back o k.....
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 06:34:44 am by kdent »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2019, 08:09:47 am »
I don't know what you mean by -

it came back o k on the link you gave me is it to boot off of? If it is I can not boot off of it

What is a FSX program ?

Try the cmd dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth from a Command Prompt (Admin) and then see what a sfc /scannow reports.

If it still reports unable to fix some files then create new install media and perform another clean stall as I've suggested.

Offline kdent

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2019, 09:13:32 am »
ran that program it change some things came back o k ran sfc scanow it found some bad ones but fixed them...The link you sent me was to download windows media I put it on a thump drive.It is to boot off of ????? The FSX is Microsoft Flight Simulator X They did a whole lot of changes to 10 and it will not load without  some more changes. And one is to go to windows powershell Adimn. and type in resetsldl so far it is not working????

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2019, 09:31:42 am »
Yes, that was to boot off if you needed to reinstall Win 10 but it looks like the dism cmd did the job.

Have a read through this article to see if it helps with installing FSX - the Compatibility Mode could be a solution.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-install-flight-sim-x-on-windows-10/d054f995-4a3f-4b20-b6b7-7015847da0aa

Offline kdent

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2019, 11:06:55 am »
Thanks for all your help I have done all on that link it is still not working..I have the very first windows 10 on a thump drive how can I get it in the put FSX in the update windows 10????  If you could get back to me with your ideas,Again thanks for all your help and thoughts......Scott PS could you also tell me how to un install it??
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 12:19:51 pm by kdent »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2019, 02:43:06 pm »
You'd be able to uninstall it from Programs and Features.

Go Start - type appwiz.cpl and press enter when it comes up.

Find FSX in the list of programs - right click on it and select Uninstall.

See if you can reinstall it in Safe Mode with Networking to eliminate any other program on your machine that may be blocking it.

Offline kdent

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2019, 02:46:33 pm »
I'am sorry I need to know how to remove this version of windows 10 and replace it with a older version 10. FSX is out the other day sorry about that

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2019, 02:51:24 pm »
I think the only way you would be able to do that is with a clean install, but it wouldn't be long before updates began arriving, although a number of older versions are no longer supported and would not get updates.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2019, 02:21:48 am »
Just as an update to this, while a Google had a number of links for Win 10 versions EOL, this one should give you some info on what you intend to install as to whether it will get any further support in updates.

https://blog.juriba.com/windows-10-feature-versions-eol-dates-updated

Offline kdent

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2019, 10:44:08 am »
Thanks for the heads up I'am having trouble with Net Framework ran the repair tool no go I can not adjust my graphics card it will not save it and and Error"unhandled exception has occurred in your application" is the start of it here is the details in the attach Thanks again for any help.....Scott  PS I did up date the driver,also ran a SCF Scannow scan came back o k I have an file that is called dot netfix35 setup but will not open or run I when to safe mode and try it no go ....Help Microsoft page said to go to remove page I did no net framework listed at all can not repair it here????
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 01:04:56 pm by kdent »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2019, 01:29:51 pm »
I don't really understand that log or know how to use JIT Debugger but that dot netfix35 seems to relate to .NET Framework 3.5 which is part of Windows.

Turning it off, rebooting and turning it back on may reinstate it.

Go Start - type appwiz.cpl and press enter when it comes up.

In the left pane click on Turn Windows features on or off and uncheck the 3.5 box - OK then reboot.

Go back in and recheck its box - OK then see if you still get that error or if you are able to access your graphics settings.

Were you getting the graphics problem before or after updating the driver ?

Offline kdent

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2019, 01:35:33 pm »
It had to be before I did not try to put the driver in today...

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2019, 01:39:43 pm »
I thought I'd ask as new drivers can sometimes cause problems.

How are you getting on with turning 3.5 off ?

Offline kdent

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2019, 02:06:50 pm »
I turn it off and when I turn it back on it downloaded some parts I needed,but no help

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2019, 02:09:38 pm »
Does Event Viewer record anything for what you have just tried ?

Reliability history will tell you what it has just downloaded.

Offline kdent

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2019, 02:46:10 pm »
not munch but here it is

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2019, 02:59:13 pm »
Was that in Reliability history ?

What does Event Viewer record ?

When Event Viewer opens, ensure Event Viewer (Local) is highlighted in the left pane - if it isn't then just click on it.

When it has read the data, click on Error and then on View All Instances of This Event in the lower right pane and look for date and time stamped errors for when you had the problems.

If there are any, clicking on any will give a few more details in the lower pane.

If you want to copy any into the reply box, after clicking one, click on Copy/Copy details as text in the lower right pane - right click in the reply box and select Paste.

I'll be going to bed shortly as it's getting on for 11:00pm here in the UK and I'm feeling tired.

Offline kdent

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2019, 03:12:31 pm »
Here are two more they are about my net framework reset tool see you soon thanks for the help

Offline kdent

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2019, 04:24:27 pm »
When I first ran the Net FixRepair tool it put an fold on my desk top called FixDot Net it is extract it will not open ???? It has many files in it will not copy

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2019, 01:07:40 am »
Can you go into Update & Security to check the update history to see if there are any failed updates.

The following article is a bit lengthy because it also covers earlier versions of Windows, but it may have steps to resolve your problem with dotnet.

http://www.ctimls.com/Support/KB/Error%20Fixes/Fix_DotNet_Framework.htm

Offline kdent

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2019, 06:29:49 am »
Boy o Boy you are the man for information!!!! I will get on that see what comes up and you did see when I ran that automated repair it left an folder on my desktop it is called Fix DotNet 2   again thanks which one or the one you thing I should try first???  Should I run your program to repair it???
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 07:56:42 am by kdent »