Author Topic: SFC Scannow  (Read 28546 times)

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SFC Scannow
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2019, 09:40:33 am »
I'm not sure the repair program can do anything for .NET Framework - Shane has previously advised uninstalling all of .NET Framework and then reinstalling but you can't do that with Win 10 as they are all built in.

I'd try the article.

Offline kdent

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2019, 10:03:09 am »
Got net frame work 1.1 and a update to go in but no help,also I was looking on your forms page under Net Framewoks Errors in Windows 10 vs 1903??? On that page you sent to me is really good for every thing but Windows 10  most of the links do not work or are empty....But it was worth the try I think I'am going have to re install????

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2019, 12:30:50 pm »
Sorry that the article didn't work out, but think the reinstall now would be the best option.

Are you going to perform a Reset that keeps your personal stuff ?

Offline kdent

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2019, 12:33:45 pm »
Ya guy I think we have fought this about hard we can it just isn't going to get well doing it this way I'am going to keep my stuff but I'am going to back it up anyway.Thanks for all your help

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2019, 12:37:16 pm »
What will you do about FSX - if it uses .NET Framework it should install it or check that it's there.

Offline kdent

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2019, 12:40:22 pm »
Yes I know I will just have to put it back in but first I going to go fly for a few days thanks for asking it took two days to get everything back in it and I just got it in...

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2019, 12:44:15 pm »
Good Luck :)

Offline kdent

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2019, 08:42:29 pm »
Can not believe this crap just got windows 10 in put in a few things keep seeing errors but they would go away before i could get any details.Ran a SFC Sannow and it fail!!!!!! Should I do another in stall ??? Also I have an media thump drive should I boot up from that or just go thur the recovery page???  Hell bells man I have the same problem I had before I put it back in can you Help?????? Sorry guy I got it I will go at download it off of my thumb drive
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 10:27:01 pm by kdent »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2019, 12:51:51 am »
What sort of things have you put in as they may be the cause of the corruption.

If you are going to reinstall, then run a sfc /scannow after each of what you put back in to see if either are the cause of the corruption.

Offline kdent

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2019, 05:52:56 am »
I had ani malware put in it is ok the problem I'am having is it will not boot up in F12 or F2  don,t know what to do!!! Can you give me an idea???  I got it to run and install thanks
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 07:42:45 am by kdent »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2019, 08:07:55 am »
I wonder if a cold boot might sort it.

Remove all power sources then hold the power button in for ~30secs then reconnect and try F2 or F12.

Have you removed the thumb drive before trying to access F2 or F12 ?

Does sfc /scannow come back clean now ?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 08:15:51 am by Boggin »

Offline kdent

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2019, 09:07:38 am »
The thing did not pass the sfc scan found some unable to fix I will send you CBS log it is a long one may be you can find it wants wrong,the only thing I have put in is my printer ,google internet downloaader,adobe PDF reader and I have updated it  I ran a DISM it change some things now waiting on windows get ready it has been at least 45 mins.   Just ran other scan it fail   ran my thump drive again but repair coputor then ran an BCDEDIT program it just pulled up a screen ?? Going to run another later    HELP!!!!!!  When I ran the BCDEDIT it never ask about what drive  ??
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 12:49:56 pm by kdent »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2019, 03:26:10 pm »
The files it can't repair all seem to relate to Windows Defender although I don't know what it means by being unable to find those other files.

See if performing a cold boot as I've described will clear that bcdedit and then if you are able to boot up with the thumb drive to perform another reinstall, run another sfc /scannow before you install anything else.

If that still reports unable to repair some files, then copy & paste this cmd to the cmd prompt -

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log > %userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt

This will put an icon onto the desktop which when double clicked on will display the CBS log in an abbreviated form with what it can and cannot repair.

You can right click on the icon and zip it up to attach to your post.

I assume you are now able to access F2 and F12 ?

Offline kdent

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2019, 05:04:08 pm »
going to run a sfc scan but in my device screen it says I need a driver for my Serial ATA Controller I went to Dell they ran a scan and said everything ok   ?? Do you want to run that scan thur windows or safe mode with your program?? It fail here is the page off of desk top
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 05:21:17 pm by kdent »

Offline kdent

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2019, 05:25:01 pm »
Sorry her it is   I will go ahead an reinstall from thump drive  some them I just found and no idea how but in my C drive I have a file mark windows another one says windows 000 an another that's mark windows 001 ??? still want reinstall off of thump drive ????  I could not get it to boot up on my thump drive went back in and recovered it an right now it pass the SFC Scannow !!!! I'am leaving alone till you tell me want to do .,talk soon
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 11:18:18 pm by kdent »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2019, 01:19:18 am »
While I've come across a Windows.old folder after a repair install, I've never seen those .00/.01 folders.

From a Google I found this answer from a MS tech on another forum, so it looks like you can delete those.

"The found.00% folders contain recovered clusters by Scandisk or Chkdsk in the event of a corruption in the filesystem, you can view their contents if there is any data that is still recoverable, otherwise if access permits it, you may delete them"

Did you try the cold boot to see if it resolved the F2 or F12 problem ?

I wonder if turning off fast start up may allow you to get into F2 and F12.

You haven't said if you are using a laptop or a desktop machine.

Go Start - type powercfg.cpl and press enter when it comes up.

With a desktop machine you would click on Choose what the power buttons do but on a laptop it's Choose what closing the lid does.

Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable which will activate the boxes below for fast startup and hibernate to uncheck.

Click on Save and then shutdown and try F2 or F12 again.

As you reinstall each program, run another sfc /scannow to see if any produce those errors that sfc /scannow is popping up with.

Which antivirus program are you using because any 3rd party AV program should disable Windows Defender.

I've recently changed from Norton Security to Kaspersky Total Security and subsequent sfc /scannows have come back clean except for on one machine.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 01:22:59 am by Boggin »

Offline kdent

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2019, 05:25:17 am »
Ran that came back balanced power setting everything seams ok but still can not find a driver for Serial ATA Controller?? I have been to Dell the scan it said it find but back in my device manage it still needs a driver???  I just put in your program it ask if I wanted to up date I say yes it came back can not find files update to a newer version ???  Should I stop or go ahead??
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 05:41:38 am by kdent »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2019, 05:44:27 am »
I recently cam across this driver updater program which found a number of drivers me for an old Win 7 laptop, although I don't normally recommend these sort of programs.

Anyway, give it a go - it's free - https://www.drvhub.net/

Did turning off fast startup resolve the F2 and F12 problem @

Offline kdent

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2019, 06:26:30 am »
I ran that program it found a lot of missing drivers and when it got done,blue screen says “pc ran into a problem we collecting some error info we will restart got you that’s has been 20 mins.  Showing 0 complete yes F12 is working.Can I go ahead an restart it
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 06:39:22 am by kdent »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2019, 06:40:45 am »
Oh - it sounds like it's downloaded a wrong driver.

This is one of the reasons why I don't usually recommend these type of programs, but it worked well for my Win 7 machine.

My Win 7 laptop recently had the motherboard replaced and it was slightly different to the original, but one of the drivers was for a SATA Controller and it had managed to dig out a wireless driver update that I had been unable to source myself.

Let me know how that BSOD progresses.

I'm not sure if it would be safe to shut it down then boot up with the thumb drive to use your restore points.

Offline kdent

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2019, 07:05:54 am »
I don’t know what’s wrong but it seems to be locked up it has been well over an hour..?? It still showing 0 completed?? Tell me what to do sorry don’t known about
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 07:07:33 am by kdent »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2019, 07:08:53 am »
If this was mine then I would risk power shutting it down and booting up with the thumb drive to navigate to the advanced boot options to select System Restore.

That program will have created restore points you can try.

Offline kdent

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2019, 07:11:45 am »
I don’t know about BSOD??An to shut it down I will have to pull the plug I try the power button no go do that or wait

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2019, 07:17:32 am »
You could give it another hour but it could be a case of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

The choice is yours but for after waiting an hour, I'd be tempted to pull the plug but Windows is a funny system and it may take that long for it to sort it out, but if it's having trouble with a driver that has been installed then I doubt there's very little it can do to resolve the situation.

Offline kdent

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2019, 07:26:33 am »
Ok guy that is what I do, I will give some more time,I will let you know what’s happens,Thanks