Author Topic: Faulting application name: TweakingRegistryBackup.exe in Event Viewer!  (Read 4573 times)

Offline Big Dawg

• View Profile
I just happened to open Event Viewer and found a number of the error below under Windows Log/Application. They seem to happen in two's throughout the day.

Faulting application name: TweakingRegistryBackup.exe, version: 3.5.0.3, time stamp: 0x582f3b59
Faulting module name: MSVBVM60.DLL, version: 6.0.98.15, time stamp: 0x49b01fc3
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000c9ba6
Faulting process id: 0x336c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d55ba6815f25f8
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Tweaking.com\Registry Backup\TweakingRegistryBackup.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVBVM60.DLL
Report Id: 5d8766e9-7b7d-4de2-b0d5-ca3f2ffa2bf2
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

The computer appears to be working just fine so I'm not sure what is causing this issue.
Windows 10 Pro

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Faulting application name: TweakingRegistryBackup.exe in Event Viewer!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 01:01:24 am »
I don't know what's causing it either but when I have a problem with a program I will uninstall/reinstall it which is what I suggest you do with this and then see if the Event Viewer error continues.

Are you using the standalone back up program or the one within the repair program ?

Offline Big Dawg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 03:35:06 pm »
Not sure what you are referring to.....Are you using the standalone back up program or the one within the repair program ?
I installed Tweaking Registry Backup. I'm not aware of a repair program.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 12:32:49 am »
There's a Registry Backup program which can be downloaded separately or you can use or set up a schedule in the Windows Repair program under Backup Tools.

A list of all programs that are available can be found at www.tweaking.com then click on Tweaking.com Programs in the left pane.

I opened the repair program to the repairs yesterday where it auto created a registry back up using the same program as the separate one and I didn't get any errors regarding it in my Event Viewer.

I don't have the separate registry backup program installed, but I would suggest that you uninstall/reinstall the program and then see if you get the same Event Viewer errors.

Offline Big Dawg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2019, 08:28:20 pm »
Sorry to be dense. But are you saying that the Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Free/Pro program will fix my Event Viewer error messages?
By the way, I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling Tweaking.com Registry backup but for some unknown reason, I could not get it to run a scheduled daily backup so I had to run a backup image of the mornings computer backup to get the original registry backup program back and running.
Not sure what I either did right (by accident) to get the program to work the first time I tried or what I did wrong when I tried to rebuild the schedule after the reinstall.
All I wanted was to have the backup program run each day (7 days a week) when I boot up the computer in the morning and save a registry backup...and not do more than one backup per day in case I had to reboot during the day.
I guess by shear luck, I did it the first time, but couldn't duplicate it when I reinstalled the program.
So, although the backup is working again, I am still seeing the event viewer errors that I mentioned earlier.
Getting a little frustrated but will continue to try to get these error messages fixed.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2019, 01:31:09 am »
You could try uninstalling that program and just use the Tweaking.com Windows Repair program which incorporates the backup tool and through Backup Tools/Registry Backup/Restore/Settings you can set the schedule.

I've never used that option so don't know what you'll get when you edit the schedule.