Author Topic: Cortina is not running, Start menu and search is not working  (Read 3490 times)

Offline Docfxit

• View Profile
Cortina is not running, Start menu and search is not working
« on: October 23, 2019, 03:25:15 pm »
The start menu and search bar is not working in windows 10 Pro 1903.
I have run Windows-Repair-All-In-One ver. 4.6.0. In safe mode.
I have attached the logs.

I was hoping Windows-Repair-All-In-One would repair the problem.

I have run the Windows 10 start-menu Microsoft Troubleshooter
problems found:
"Required applications are not installed correctly"
Details:
Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost and Microsoft.windows.Cortina applications need to be installed correctly.

Do you know how to fix it?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 05:27:08 pm by Docfxit »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Cortina is not running, Start menu and search is not working
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 01:21:24 am »
Restore points may or not help but there are some suggestions in this article which may or not apply to you - https://windowsreport.com/shell-experience-host-windows-10/ but I would start by opening a Command Prompt (Admin) and enter these cmds -

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

shutdown /r /t 00

Depending upon what the sfc /scannow reports, see if the problem has been resolved after the reboot.

If you are unable to access the cmd prompt by right clicking on the Windows icon or pressing the Windows key and x then right click on the task bar and select Task Manager.

Click on File/Run new task then type cmd.exe into the box and check the box to Create this task with admin privileges - OK which will give you the admin cmd prompt.

If you can't access the Task Manager through the taskbar then press CTRL ALT DEL and select Task Manager.

If you are unable to access your restore points normally, then you can use the Task Manager by typing rstrui.exe into the box and also create that with admin privileges.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 01:26:55 am by Boggin »