Main Forum > Everything Else

Re: This antivirus did not work for me!

(1/2) > >>

Boggin:
I've recently swapped from Norton Security to Kaspersky and I haven't had any problems with it, although I don't play games except Klondike.

I've seen where Bitdefender was so heavy on resources that it reduced a machine to a crawl, so I wouldn't recommend that to anyone.

Still_Game:
Don't know what OS you're using but Microsoft Windows Defender may be all you need under Windows 10. I'm still using Windows 7 and, after trying any number of AV solutions, I've settled on Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes Premium. I also use CryptoPrevent that gives some additional security but may not be really necessary. Maybe tempting fate, but I think the last virus I had was picked up was from a CD (might even have been a floppy disk!) on a computer magazine - so pretty far back.

Boggin:

--- Quote from: Still_Game on September 17, 2019, 07:51:57 am ---Don't know what OS you're using but Microsoft Windows Defender may be all you need under Windows 10. I'm still using Windows 7 and, after trying any number of AV solutions, I've settled on Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes Premium. I also use CryptoPrevent that gives some additional security but may not be really necessary. Maybe tempting fate, but I think the last virus I had was picked up was from a CD (might even have been a floppy disk!) on a computer magazine - so pretty far back.

--- End quote ---

I used to have CryptoPrevent on my Win 7 but it was blocking me from using Control Panel cmds.

For info this is a list of some of them but a Google will probably give a more comprehensive list. - https://www.maketecheasier.com/20-run-commands-windows/

Still_Game:
That's interesting, Tom - a very useful list. I just tried running a few of those commands at random and CryptoPrevent didn't blink.

Boggin:
It was a while ago so may be that has been fixed as it was updated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version