Author Topic: KB4532693 W10 Update  (Read 4009 times)

Offline as1953-2

• View Profile
KB4532693 W10 Update
« on: February 13, 2020, 06:46:01 pm »
Hello All. I have spent hours Googling and selecting what would hopefully be the answer to resolve the corruption of my User Profile. It appears to be the result of installing a recent W10 cumulative KB4532693 file. The only thing to resolve the problem, or so I thought, was to go into safe mode and restore back to a point just before the install of the KB file. At the time I did not know it was that file so after I had resolved it I was doing some minor bits when after about an hour a panel appeared with the Restart prompt so I clicked on it and the update successfully installed but upon the final auto restart I was greeted once again with the accursed message that my User Profile had again gone down the chute.
As it is now 2.45am I am retiring but will again later on select the restore point I made earlier and try to block the download and install of that KB file. Prior to going back to the earlier restore point I tried the route of swapping over the two files and altering the numbers in the STATE and RefCount units to Zero but that did nothing at all.   

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: KB4532693 W10 Update
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 01:00:58 am »
I haven't had any such problems after that update, but with any update associated problems, it would be best to contact Microsoft - although it's pot luck whether you get someone who knows what they are talking about, or not.

Any tech help because of updates is free.