Author Topic: Tweaking.com and Windows 10 Safe Mode with WIFI Networking (issue resolved)  (Read 3891 times)

Offline jwswitzer42

• View Profile
Windows 10 Safe Mode with WIFI Networking no longer works "out of the box".  To this point I have not found a workaround,  If anyone has a "fix" please post.

This is important when running WR as it asks to be run in Safe Mode with Networking.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 12:18:41 pm by jwswitzer42 »

Offline jwswitzer42

• View Profile
Problem resolved.  The network adapter in the Safe Mode is Intel.  I was using an Intel driver.  Updated the driver to a Microsoft driver and I can now connect to WIFI from Safe Mode.  Note:  You must reconnect to your router every time you start Safe Mode...but it DOES work.

John Switzer
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 12:19:32 pm by jwswitzer42 »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
In Win 10 as in Win 8.1 WiFi is disabled in Safe Mode with Networking, so you would normally Ethernet connect.

However, you can manually connect to your SSID in that mode by when on the desktop press CTRL ALT DELETE - click on the wireless icon then on your SSID and select Connect.

Click on Cancel where you should then see a full wireless icon.

You shouldn't have had to change the driver in your Wireless adapter.

Offline jwswitzer42

• View Profile
Tom,
I had already done what you suggested and it did not work.   When I looked at the network driver in Device Manager it had an error code and was not enabled and would not enable manually.   That was when I tried another (Microsoft) driver.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I have a Win 10 updated machine that a restart puts a Code 45 onto my Ethernet adapter which disconnects it.

Another restart reinstates it - this started after one of the major Win 10 updates.

What was the error code you had gotten ?

Offline jwswitzer42

• View Profile
Tom,

If I remember correctly the error code was either "37 or "38".

John

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
You would get more info in the Properties window for a Code 38 than you would for a Code 37.

Google for each of those error codes.

However, that doesn't explain why a previous working driver should no longer work unless it was incompatible.