Author Topic: Bug in Registry Backup (v3.53)  (Read 880 times)

Offline Willy2

• View Profile
Bug in Registry Backup (v3.53)
« on: April 27, 2020, 08:12:52 PM »
- I opened RB v5.53 and ran the program manually on my Windows 7 machine (but I am convinced that this is NOT a Windows issue but a RB program issue). And there a bug showed up that confuses the user of the program. Time for a new version of RB (v3.54) !!!

- For some unknown reason VSS didn't work. Was some other program using the Service ? I don't know.
- So, the program made a back-up using the "Fall Back" method. Now I unticked the "Fall Back" options. (see inside the blue rectangle) Up to this point there was no problem.
- Using the button "Backup Now" I made another backup. And then something odd happened. The program reported the following things:

VSS running: Yes
         VSS ready: Yes

and

"Succesful ! 11/11 registry files backed up"

And the program displayed another text:

"Currently using fallback method instead of Volume Shadow Copy".

- This is odd VERY odd. What has happened here ? Was the VSS used or the "Fall back" method used ?

- I think the program needs a slight improvement / small bug fix for RB v3.54:  Make sure that the text "Currently using fallback method instead of volume Shadow Copy" is removed as soon as the user hits the "Backup Now" button.

Online Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Bug in Registry Backup (v3.53)
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 03:18:03 AM »
I'll pass this onto Shane, but generally I create system images rather than backing up the registry.
Tom.