Author Topic: my computer is being crazy  (Read 4741 times)

Offline ralsup

• View Profile
my computer is being crazy
« on: June 05, 2020, 09:41:10 am »
Ok, So one day my computer stopped allowing me to connect to the internet with wifi only way i could was ethernet cable. i finally fixed that , somehow it was turned off in bios. Now i got me a new wireless mouse and the computer keeps telling me it can find drivers, so i tryed putting the old one back in and get the same messages. So i though ill just restore it, well no my computer tells me i have no restore points and no back ups i have nothing. this program now doesnt was to do the repairs just keeps telling me it cant start the scan. i have tried everything and now the device manager shows 3 blue tooth periphials that wont install drivers either. please help

Offline ralsup

• View Profile
Re: my computer is being crazy
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 09:44:01 am »
oh yea im on windows 7 sp1

Offline ralsup

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 10:47:45 am »
oh yea forgot to mention when i try and enter safe mode to run the program the computer shutsdown and restarts but doesnt restart in safe mode

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 03:28:56 pm »
Let's check the system files first.

Go Start - type cmd and right click on cmd when it comes up and select Run as administrator - accept the UAC and type sfc /scannow then press enter and wait for it to complete.

That should either report that it has repaired corruption, that it has repaired some files but not others or that it couldn't find any integrity violations.

Let me know what it reports.

If it reports that is has repaired all files then try the driver install again.

Are you using the repair program to boot into Safe Mode or manually by tapping F8 as you switch on ?

If you are using the repair program then try the manual option.

One way to see if a driver will install is to go into Device Manager - click on View/Show hidden devices - expand Network adapters and right click on the problematic device and select Uninstall, but do not check the box to include software.

You can either reboot where Windows should reinstall the driver providing your Bluetooth devices are turned on or click on Action/Scan for hardware changes where it should also reinstall the driver.

Win 7 has its own Hardware and Devices trouble shooter.

Go Start - click on Control Panel then on Find and fix problems.

Click on View all in the left pane and click on each trouble shooter you want to run.

While in Device Manager with Show hidden devices, check Non-Plug and Play Drivers to see if there are any yellow alerts.

As for your restore points, you will need to check if System protection is turned on.

Go Start - right click on Computer and select Properties then click on System protection in the left pane.

It should be showing as On.

Sometimes Win 7 will remove restore points on a reboot.

Go into System protection and create a manual restore point.

Click on System Restore to see if it has created one then reboot and check that it is still there.

Offline ralsup

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 06:05:16 pm »
Ok so ive prertty much tried all that stuff at least a hundred times haha. i did find this weird file i have never seen before and it is a log file, Im not a programer or anything but just kinda like messing around and figuring stuff out but this log file looks like it installed something. ill see if i can attach it for you. Im going to run the SFC and see what happends.

As for safe mode iver tried it both ways and nothing and the f8 key doesnt work on this machine. Oh and btw im use a HP probook 6560b if that helps at all.

of course i cant find the file now any way ill let you know and thank you so much

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2020, 01:42:56 am »
You can see if you can boot into Safe Mode with or without Networking by going Start - type msconfig and press enter when it comes up.

Under the Boot tab, check the button for Safe boot and Minimal for just Safe Mode or Networking if you want Safe Mode with Networking.

You will need to go back into msconfig to uncheck those buttons to have the machine boot up normally.

However, if you want to factory reset the machine after backing up your personal stuff, you will need to create a System Repair disk to boot up with.

To do this, go Start - Control Panel - Backup your computer then click on Create a system repair disk.

When you've done that, shutdown and tap F12 as you switch on and then use the cursor keys to select the DVD drive, insert the disk and press enter.

Press any key when prompted to boot from CD/DVD.

You will be presented with an inverse window with Windows Setup [EMS Enabled] highlighted - just press enter where the disk will load the Windows files.

Change or confirm the keyboard etc. - wait for it to locate the drive your volume is loaded into and then you can select the HP Recovery - mine is listed as Toshiba HDD Recovery.

This is usually the final solution when none of Windows repairs will resolve.

You will need to reinstall your programs and personal stuff as well as getting rid of any bloat that the computer came with.

I normally use a suitably sized USB flash drive to back up my personal stuff onto which are the Downloads and Documents folders.

However, using msconfig to boot into Safe Mode with Networking and running the Tweaking.com repair program may resolve everything for you without having to use extreme measures.

You should also get into the habit of creating regular system images onto something like an external HDD.

You will need a system repair disk to boot up with to restore from that system image