Author Topic: letters are not in correct order on chrome or microsoft browsers  (Read 7442 times)

Offline tsmith

• View Profile
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

For some unknown reason, the web pages I look at have letters in the wrong place, the word the is often spelled like this (teh), the word TEMP shows up in front of some words and it was not suppose to be there. I would think its a driver problem but my drivers are reported to be upto date not sure what to do at this point---just a general odd layout. I have attached an image of some of the weird items. TIA! :confused: :undecided:

Offline tsmith

• View Profile
Re: letters are not in correct order on chrome or microsoft browsers
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 08:03:57 am »
I have attached another image of the Tweaking site, It is most definitely still a problem

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 10:12:55 am »
I think I'd start with a robust antimalware scan in Safe Mode with Networking.

You could try a scan with the free ESET Online Scanner - https://www.eset.com/us/home/online-scanner/

Offline tsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 03:40:48 pm »
I have a subscription to Malwarebytes would that be adequate?  Its paid for already?

Offline tsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2020, 04:32:15 pm »
Im stuck in safe mode a I used the reboot to safe mode shorcut in the pro version to get there. any idea how to get out of it. I went to control panel and system admistrative  tools then system config and entered Normal start up but I keep going back into safe mode when I reboot

Offline tsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2020, 04:45:01 pm »
Please disregard my last post, I was able to get back into normal windows mode eventually. Thank you anyway!

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2020, 01:24:24 am »
That's good to see.

If you ever get stuck in Safe Mode again, open a Command Prompt (Admin) and enter these cmds -

bcdedit

Scroll down to Windows Boot Loader and check what your Identifier is.

It can either be {current} or {defualt} - mine is {current} so I'll use that in this example, but use your own identifier.

bcdedit /deletevalue {current}safeboot

and ensure you use the correct brackets.

The repair program was modified to prevent being stuck in Safe Mode, but it has still been reported on the odd occasion.

Yes, MBAM Pro is a very effective antivirus scanner as is the free version.

I tend to suggest ESET as that is also a very effective antivirus scanner.

Some scanners may not always pick up on an infection so it doesn't hurt to use more than one antivirus scanner.

Let me know if either find anything.

Offline tsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2020, 05:45:39 pm »
thanks for the info, I WILL SAVE THAT , I hate windows so much I cant even try to explain the amount, I just had to reinstall windows 10 to my computer I purchased a week or 2 ago. I spent several days trying to get things set up on it. I added a couple of drives and downloaded programs and installed them. It was set up in a way that I did not have to loggin to a microsoft account at first and for some stupid reason I changed it so I had to use a pin to login to it and add a microsoft password and user name. It soon crashed after that to the point that I was not able to log in with my pin. can you tell me how to set it back up like that so I dont have to log in to microsofts horrible site anymore. I hate how they have access to me and just dont want anything to do with them

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2020, 01:44:34 am »
I've never had a login password on any of my machines and it's only recently that I had to create a Microsoft account - I forget now for what.

I forget now how I side stepped the need for a login password, but if you are prompted to create a password then just press enter/OK which should bypass it.

I think you may need to do another clean install or if it's a branded machine, then factory reset it.

The factory reset will also remove any abnormalities/infections your machine has developed.

My machines were updated from Win 7 and I set the privacy/security settings to minimal so as little info as possible was sent back to MS.

The one thing I don't like about Win 10 is that you have to boot into Windows to access the advanced boot options, whereas in Win 7, you could tap F8 as you switched on which made repairs a lot easier when you couldn't boot.

The alternative is to boot up with Win 10 install media and when you get to the Install screen, click on Repair your computer which will give you Troubleshoot/Advanced boot options to select the factory reset option.

You'll probably have to remove any additional drives and ensure you have the product keys for any paid for programs you had installed.

You can create Win 10 install media after reading -  https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

You don't need a product key to download the MCT unlike for Win 7.

It defaults to creating a bootable USB, so plug one in before downloading.

I use 16GB USBs but I think the min required size is 8GB.

Offline tsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2020, 03:17:36 pm »
Thanks, I am ok for now!!

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2020, 02:23:26 am »
Okay.