Author Topic: Tweaking.com Registry  (Read 4772 times)

Offline chica

• View Profile
Tweaking.com Registry
« on: July 15, 2020, 11:23:43 am »
I have had issues repairing over and over repairing my laptops and desktops even though I use this software faithfully  :cheesy:

I am wondering if I have a "lovely guest" manipulating my software, since it was confirmed by a hacker that took over my S10 and deleted the password (letters, symbols and numbers) and I spent more than a day to get my phone back  :angry: I had to buy a new account-and now I am discovering listening apps on that one too!

I want to make sure Tweaking's registry is correct in order for me to see that the repairs are correct and that no one monkeyed with them, so I can go in and change the values on them. It is totally possible that someone could get in my computers, change some of the values. A lot of the features are working where there are some that are not being fixed at all. I want to check my other computers and get rid of malware altogether. In the past, malware scanning has been unsuccessful. But how can I get this information here in the forum? I believe I need to get this private to put it to use with all my licenses.

Thanks!

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Tweaking.com Registry
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 02:35:49 pm »
First of all you need to get rid of the infection as the repair program cannot do its job while that infection is still present.

It's advised that when you have been hacked and passwords have been changed, to use another machine that is clean to change the passwords, although for a computer password you would need to use the affected machine.

For your phone, there are antimalware programs available to protect them.

When changing passwords, try to make as robust password as possible, but depending upon the hacker, they may have software that can unscramble those.

Which antivirus program are you using ?

Initially can you boot into Safe Mode with Networking and download and run a scan with the free ESET Online Scanner.

https://www.eset.com/uk/home/online-scanner/

Download and run that scanner on all of your machines in Safe Mode with Networking.

You haven't said which version of Windows you are using but if you are using Win 8.1 or Win 10 then open a Command Prompt (Admin) and enter these cmds to see if they will repair your system.

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

then enter shutdown /r /t 00 to effect an immediate reboot and check your system.

If using Win 7 then just perform a sfc /scannow and reboot.

One extreme measure to rid any infection is to factory reset the machine after backing up your personal stuff, although it would still be advisable to run ESET should the personal stuff be infected as well.

If after running ESET and those cmds and your system still isn't as it should be, then go to either www.sysnative.com or www.bleepingcomputer.com - register and then open a thread in the relevant section and explain your situation, explaining what you have already tried.

They have antimalware experts on either forum.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 02:55:14 pm by Boggin »