Author Topic: Invalid Picture Error after running Windows Repair  (Read 4206 times)

Offline Bally

• View Profile
Invalid Picture Error after running Windows Repair
« on: August 03, 2020, 04:30:38 pm »
Well, I'm pretty annoyed with Tweaking.com's Window Repair software.  After downloading it and paying for a Pro key, the program has caused an "Invalid Picture" error when I try to run it either in Safe Mode or Normal Windows.  I read somewhere on another post here that "Invalid Picture" means that there is "insufficient space", but that is nonsense because I have 213 GIGABYTES of space on my HDD.  So, what is the REAL cause and meaning of "Invalid Picture"?  This is clearly an error/problem created/caused by Window Repair.  Does anyone KNOW the answer to fix this problem?  :angry:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Invalid Picture Error after running Windows Repair
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 01:32:42 am »
The error doesn't relate to total free space on the HDD but to the drive used for the Windows Temp Directory.

This article explains - https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/964421/error-481-invalid-picture

Check yours and let me know if the steps resolve your problem.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 01:34:38 am by Boggin »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Invalid Picture Error after running Windows Repair
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 02:45:33 am »
On re-reading that article, it may not apply to your version of Windows, so go Start - type %temp% and press enter when it comes up.

Press CTRL a to highlight then CTRL d to delete.

This file can become highly populated and can have an adverse effect on performance, such as slowing the machine down.

I use the free version of CCleaner after each session to clean out temp files.

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner

You need to add this to the items to be cleaned by going into the program and click on Options then uncheck the box for Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 24hrs.