Author Topic: Repairing windows store  (Read 6113 times)

Offline silhouett

• View Profile
Repairing windows store
« on: February 15, 2021, 06:18:40 pm »
I am still waiting for windows store repair to do more than say it has been disabled in your version of windows because of the too many changes in the windows store ?
I have had this software for years and it still won't fix my windows store and yet I have upgraded windows version to the lateest.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Repairing windows store
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 12:50:53 am »
These two articles should help you in repairing the store -

https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/restore-windows-store-windows-10-uninstall-with-powershell/

You can copy & paste the commands to the prompt.

https://www.support.com/how-to/how-to-fix-windows-store-apps-on-windows-10-10732

You may have to reinstall your store apps.

Let me know how you get on.

Offline silhouett

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 10:09:39 am »
I have tried removing the store, all its apps and reinstalling it. I have reset it etc  but nothing. What I get is this.

If I update an app, I already have typically ones I put back with PowerShell it would update fine.

If I choose install it says acquiring license and bombs with an error  0c80048054

Mind you I have done an install in place, an upgrade to the latest version etc. and I always get that error choosing
a new app from the store.   Windows is Activated and otherwise functional.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2021, 01:38:56 pm »
Are you sure that is the correct error code as Google doesn't have anything on it.

Offline silhouett

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2021, 02:07:00 pm »
Sometimes its this

Offline silhouett

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2021, 02:07:50 pm »
sometimes its this

Depends if I own the file or not.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2021, 02:41:59 pm »
Have you run the BITS Troubleshooter yet.

You can find that by opening Control Panel/All Control Panel items and click on Troubleshooting/Hardware and Sound and click on the BITS repair link to see if it finds anything.

I would have thought that a repair install would resolve most Win 10 problems.

I note that you've already run a sfc /scannow but run these cmds followed by another sfc /scannow and then see if you still have problems.

dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup

dism online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Enter exit to close the cmd window after running the sfc /scannow.

While a sfc /scannow can report no problems, sometimes after running the /restorehealth cmd a sfc /scannow can find corruption that it is able to repair.

Offline silhouett

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2021, 08:07:02 pm »
I have run sfc /scannow  and Dism etc and not issues are found and I have run sfc after dism restore health as well.

However, I cannot run App Store Troubleshooter as the one you pointed to fails saying a problem is preventing it from starting error 0x80070057

If I run it from the other location in windows settings under troubleshoot, I get a problem is preventing it from starting error 0x80096010

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2021, 03:08:45 am »
Can you check to see if the troubleshooter will run without error in Safe Mode.

In this mode all 3rd party programs are isolated.

If it does run in that mode then you will need to perform a clean boot to see if any of the programs in your Start-up menu are the cause.

To perform a clean boot, right click on the taskbar and select Task Manger then under the Start-up tab click on each item then on Disable and reboot.

If this is the first time you have gone into Task Manager then you may have to click on More details in the lower left corner.

If the troubleshooter then runs without error then you will need to enable one item at a time until the troubleshooter produces that error again.

You can now leave that item disabled.

If that makes no difference then go Start - type msconfig and press enter when System Configuration comes up.

Under the Services tab check the box to Hide all Microsoft services then Disable all - Apply - OK - Restart.

However, even after hitting the Disable all button your antivirus program will reinstate itself, so to eliminate that as the cause, you will need to disable it - not forgetting to re-enable it after the check.

You can reinstate those services by checking the Normal startup button in msconfig.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 03:14:52 am by Boggin »

Offline silhouett

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2021, 08:11:17 am »
Ok in safe mode the troubleshooter errors a problem is preventing the troubleshooter from starting   error 0x800096010

If I create a new user on windows as a test that user also cannot download new items from the store.

Still, everything but the store works, the store actually will update existing apps.   

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2021, 01:48:53 pm »
Do any of the other troubleshooters run ?

From what I've found on Google for that error code, it points to a driver problem but I can't see how that could be related.

You could go into Device Manager - click on View/Show hidden devices to see if you have any yellow alerts.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2021, 03:42:20 am »
You could try the suggestions in this article to see if they resolve the Troubleshooter errors.

I've noticed that it suggests updating drivers.

https://thegeekpage.com/fix-a-problem-is-preventing-the-troubleshooter-from-starting-on-windows-10/

Other links suggest a chkdsk /f and checking that your clock is showing the correct date and time and that you have sufficient free space on your HDD.