Main Forum > Feedback & Suggestions

Creation of a WLANSVC repair tool based on some troubleshooting.

<< < (2/5) > >>

Boggin:
After disabling that driver I started getting Limited Access on my wireless icon so set it back to auto.

I don't use any managers but you could try opening a Command Prompt (Admin) and enter these cmds to reset the adapters -

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

shutdown /r /t 00

Then see how things are after the reboot.

You can also change your external IP address by switching your router off for at least 30 mins.

This has been known to resolve some connectivity problems.

ralmada:
I already have that and some more parameters in a batch file for troubleshooting, i just didn't checked if it's necessary to remove and reinstall wireless card driver or not after these commands. Also i have to find another solution for that damn wrong icon without disabling that virtual wifi driver.  :confused:

Boggin:
Can you post a pic of that icon ?

Do you need to use Airwave Manager ?

Boggin:
Did you switch the router off for at least 30 mins ?

You could try uninstalling/reinstalling the wireless driver to see if that resolves.

Open Device Manager/View/Show hidden devices and expand Network adapters.

Right click on the wireless one and select Uninstall but do not check the box to include software.

Reboot or click on Action/Scan for hardware changes where it will be reinstated and then check your WiFi icon, but I'd really like to see what yours looks like.

ralmada:
It's the icon that indicates that there are available wireless networks when you are not connected to none ("the little yellow sun" attatched).

I've discarded Aruba environment, there's nothing wrong. I was checking with the admin since problem begins.

The rest of checklist i had already did.

One more interesting troubleshooting that i will check soon (this is exactly my problem):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp-9msEP6Vg

The first batch file is no more available but i will track that commands.

Thanks a lot for your interest helping me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version