Author Topic: Windows 7 hanging on startup ?.  (Read 4141 times)

Offline alexsunny123

• View Profile
Windows 7 hanging on startup ?.
« on: March 26, 2021, 05:00:56 am »
Hello,

Im running win 7 64 bit,on startup it hangs on Please Wait and Welcome for some time before eventually booting right up.Ive tried every solution i can find and have run your repair program to no avail.Toshiba satelitte C660-17 J with 3 BG ram. Any thoughts?

thanks
alexsunny

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 7 hanging on startup ?.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 06:07:28 am »
Sometimes an antivirus program can hang onto files on boot which could cause your hang, so go into your AV program and turn it off and reboot to check.

If you find that resolves then I would suggest that you reinstall your AV program.

I don't know if you've already tried this but tap F8 as you switch on and use the cursor keys to select Last Known Good Configuration and press enter.

If it still hangs on the boot then shutdown and tap F8 again as you switch on.

You will see Repair Your Computer highlighted - press enter and wait for it to load.

Use the dropdown to change/confirm the keyboard and click on Next.

You should see your Username and a prompt to enter your password if you use one - click on OK.

Click on Startup Repair and wait for that to complete to see what it reports.

Let me know if it did find/repair a problem.

If it didn't detect a problem then click on Finish - Restart.

If it still hangs then go Start - type msconfig and press enter when it comes up.

Click on Startup and then on Disable all - Apply - OK - Restart to see if that resolves.

If you still have a problem then go Start - type msconfig and press enter.

Click on Services then check the box to Hide all Microsoft services - Disable all - Apply - OK - Restart and check.

One of those suggestions should resolve - let me know how you get on.