Author Topic: Problem with shopping cart  (Read 5823 times)

Offline HawkFest

• View Profile
Problem with shopping cart
« on: June 24, 2021, 08:13:53 pm »
I've added stuff by mistake and now have 3 items in the shopping cart, but none can be removed. Clearing the browser's cache doesn't change anything. I guess I'd need to deep clean my browser and repeat the whole process, hoping that the coupon I've applied will still be available (50% off technician 1-Y and another coupon for Windows Repair 3 PC 1-Y). Tedious and frustrating shopping experience, I'm going to bed and will try to repair my systems manually with a disk image from last week, fingers crossed...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 08:15:38 pm by HawkFest, Reason: clarity, grammar, English being my 2nd language... »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with shopping cart
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2021, 01:03:38 am »
Rebooting your machine then clearing the temp folder cache should clear the cart for you to start again.

Offline HawkFest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2021, 12:30:11 pm »
 :cheesy: LMAO! ... Ok :undecided:
One suggestion though: why not make the cart editable, so that we could remove something for instance (without the need to get out of the store, sleep and then take a shower before coming back)? Not being able to do such a basic (an obvious) modification is weird for a shopping cart, a very poorly made shopping cart (was it a school project which didn't have enough delay to get completed?). Anyways, thanks for the reply.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 01:21:09 pm by HawkFest »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2021, 01:43:47 pm »
I don't think there was a shopping cart when I bought my Pro version of WR, but agree you should be able to edit.

I'll email jpm (Jim) who is an admin to see if he can change the format.

BTW - You should have been able to do what I suggested straight away without the need for a shower and overnight sleep :lol

Offline HawkFest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2021, 04:04:37 pm »
BTW - You should have been able to do what I suggested straight away without the need for a shower and overnight sleep :lol
Yes, I just bought a Tech license for Pro  :artist:

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2021, 01:23:08 am »
Good for you.

Offline HawkFest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2021, 08:37:56 am »
Good for you.
...especially for my workplace "envirotech": for myself I wouldn't be so eager to use that tool too often, the lesser, the better ;).

I've decided to buy a license for the sole reason that it's the only "reputable" repair-tweaking software that was able to fix my Defender Firewall, which would not start whatever I could do! After trying to repair it manually, unsuccessfully following all that's published on the Web in this regard (registry tweaks etc. etc.), no other tool could do the job, not even those bragging about being able to repair a faulty Defender Firewall. I was very surprised (and happy) that your tool was successful. So I then tried different others tweaks and found it to be a nice tool to have. More over, as opposed to most other tweaking tools out there, a complete automatic "tweaking session" with all check marks - which is not advised - did not throw my PC in a ditch: everything still worked as it didn't break the system. Manual repairs were then necessary, especially for deleting/repairing some  links related to  junctions as per reports (there seems to be a problem with windows junctions and user/system folders that aren't configured to be at their default locations), along uselessly tightened file security on my user data drive, but overall it did well; as specified by Tweaking.com, it's better to use the tool for targeted repairs, but I wanted to see how it behaved as a whole for coherence. Hence, I've decided to buy a license, good job guys. And thanks again for the head up.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 09:17:05 am by HawkFest, Reason: clarity? Training English is a life long endeavor... »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2021, 01:40:06 pm »
Glad to see that you are mostly satisfied.

As for your files, WR may have defaulted the settings.

On testing previous versions of the program, after the reboot I could get up to 14 of there was a problem with a particular app and it was reassigned to something else.

However, I would restore with the system image I created before running the program.

That doesn't happen with 4.11.4 - I have yet to test run 4.11.5.