Author Topic: Office 2013 Installation/Uninstallation Issues  (Read 7821 times)

Offline DanTheTechMan

• View Profile
Office 2013 Installation/Uninstallation Issues
« on: December 23, 2012, 03:22:39 pm »
I attempted to install Office 2013, it hung at about 85% (guess).  I let it sit that way to see if it would do anything, 8 hours later, still hung, so I ended all processes associated with the install and started the manual clean-up.  I now have the issue where there are certain UNDELETABLE registry keys leftover from the corrupt install.  I have been working on this for days, tried everything (cleaning the registry, DEFRAGGING the registry, system restore, which was unsuccessful.   I even tried the tool released by microsoft that's supposed to solve this issue). BTW, everything EXCEPT the undeletable registry keys are totally wiped clean off my computer. When I attempt to reinstall, it gets to about 5%, and crashes, every time! Where do I go from here?  I want to use Office 2013, if possible, without having to reinstall windows, because I just did that a week ago.  HELP!

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Office 2013 Installation/Uninstallation Issues
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 03:37:44 pm »
Have you tried my reset reg permissions tool yet?
http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/reset_registry_permissions.html

The thing about my tool is it runs the repair under the system account, so it has access to keys the administrator account normally doesn't. See if this tool can fix those keys for you :wink:

Shane

Offline DanTheTechMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 06:47:30 pm »
Ok, it's installed! I'm glad that mess is over! Shane, your response helped (although I opted for the AIO cleaner) in the form that it got the installation going instead of crashing at 5%, but it still hung at 85%.  I fixed that by ending a process (rundll32.exe) that pops up during install, so I naturally assumed it was part of the install this whole time, thus very reluctant to end it in the middle of the install.  Once I ended that process, the installation was done in a matter of seconds.  Again, Shane, thanks for your help, as you were the only one to respond (although I swear I already had tried your tool......................).

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 09:53:05 am »
Glad you got it working :-)

When you say AIO cleaner do you mean my Windows Repair AIO or a different tool?

Shane

Offline DanTheTechMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 02:07:34 pm »
I used ur AIO Repair\Cleaner tool, just to play it safe.  Very good tool, thx for making it freely available!  Just out of curiosity, can u tell me Shane, out of your mass amounts of wisdom, why do you think that process was popping up in the middle of the install (as if it had something to do with the install), but when I ended it, the install almost instantaneously finished?  BTW, Merry Christmas! 

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 11:29:58 am »
Looks like the setup was waiting for something else to finish before it continues. Looks like it did finish but didnt close so the setup just sits there. When you killed the process the setup seen it was done and then finished the rest of the setup :wink:

Shane