Main Forum > Tweaking.com Support & Help

Beta Repair System Restore

(1/22) > >>

Shane:
In Tweaking.com - Windows Repair All In One v1.9.3 I have added a beta repair to repair the system restore for Vista, 7 & 8.

Please post your results here on how the repair went for you. :wink:

Shane

Willy2:
Can't find "srcore.dll"on my Win 7 laptop except in the "Windows\winsxs\..." folders. Is this a Windows Update failure ?

Missasip1938:
I downloaded and tried the program but it didn't seem to have any affect on my problems.  I ran SFC before and after and it shows a corrupt msje40.dll and I also have a problem in regards to MDAC and net.framework stating it needs version 2.6 or better and I believe I have 2.8 installed.  Seems to be a good diagnostic program and I would recommend it to others.

Shane:
Missasip1938, this is a thread on how the repair system restore tool works, not the rest of the program. Was system restore working before or after the repair?

Willy2, that DLL is a system restore component and should be in your system32 folder.

Shane

Missasip1938:
I'm confused, I had tried lots and lots of restore to get the MDAC conflict fixed but just didn't make any positive progress and had hoped repair program might accidently find and fix it for me.  I like the program and will recommend it to others.  The SFC continues to report the msjet40.dll to be corrupt every time I have run it and I thought sfc.exe /scannow might fix it but apparently not.  Thanks for your reply.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version