Author Topic: Windows Repair apparently interfering with Windows Update  (Read 6669 times)

Offline coover

• View Profile
Windows Repair apparently interfering with Windows Update
« on: January 07, 2023, 12:08:34 pm »
Two days ago, I decided to run Windows Repair on my Windows 11 Pro Inspiron 3891 for no particular reason, just that I have found it seems to repair problems known to me and unknown to me. When the repair was finished and rebooted, i tried to run Windows Update. I got an error message to try again later, but every time I tried, Update refused to run.

One day later, Yesterday, thinking it's about time to reset Windows, I did so, deleting everything and then reinstalling all applications and other programs. Windows Update ran well and all updates were installed.

This AM, again for no real reason, I decided to run Windows Repair again, setting a restore point prior to repairs and then running the program in the Safe Mode. After running Windows Repair, I, again, tried running Windows Update. Again Update would not run with an error message. I tried several times to run Update and finally decided to go back with Windows Restore.

Windows Restore did restore my computer and Windows Update is working, but now, for the first time ever after using Windows Repair for many years (since Windows XP), I find I cannot trust the application.

I hope somebody at tweaking.com looks into this soon.   

Offline coover

• View Profile
Re: Windows Repair apparently interfering with Windows Update
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2023, 12:10:45 pm »
It should be noted that I used Windows Repair version 4.13.1 (Free). 

Offline Docfxit

• View Profile
Re: Windows Repair apparently interfering with Windows Update
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2023, 12:15:34 pm »
When you try to update windows after running Windows Repair, What is the error message you are getting?