Author Topic: Tweaking unusable if system is crashed because of registry failure?  (Read 4999 times)

Offline brandon

• View Profile
I did a registry/system backup on xp pro utility & I can't access the bkf file on my recovery console with the command regbackup (after set allowallpaths - true ) ...but I can see the bkf file, its size & date of creation, after typing dir. Question: can you make a bootable cd  with the Tweaking program and access the bkf file & so restore it ? If so, what would be the files that I should include in the bootable cd ? I have a copy of that bkf file on my usb key & attempted to burn it to a bootable cd to access my system to no avail.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 01:52:24 pm by brandon »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Tweaking unusable if system is crashed because of registry failure?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 03:45:01 pm »
My program doesnt make bkf files, it stores the reg files in a folder with the full path they are stored under.

Did you watch the video I made here showing the recovery console?
http://www.tweaking.com/articles/pages/tweaking_com_registry_backup_online_help,3.html

The program needs windows to run, but I have it mat bat files, but also since the backup is saved in the full path you can do a simple copy and paste, watch the linux restore video for that one :wink:

Shane