Author Topic: Registry Back Up v1.5.1  (Read 6172 times)

Offline kkay

• View Profile
Registry Back Up v1.5.1
« on: January 14, 2013, 05:22:51 pm »
I just downloaded and ran this program.  The first time it backed up fine.  Then I got a message from the newest version of Comodo.  It said vss.bat was suspicious, and not known, and it was putting it in the sandbox.  I preferred the easier older version, as I rarely had alerts, and I did not use sandbox.  I believe this vss.bat is connected to the Registry Back Up..is this correct or no?  This verification is killing me.  I can't read it right, and when I push click to hear, I don't hear a thing.  I decided to download the sound, but then Win8 did not play it, it didn't know what to open the file with, and sent me to the store, where it did not seem like any of those aps ran sound.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Registry Back Up v1.5.1
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 06:05:21 pm »
The bat file is made by the backup program and hasn't changed at all since the first version. It is something with the definitions in comodo. Just add an exclusion in comodo to not sandbox the bat file and it should be fine :-)

Also what verification thing are you talking about? Is it from comodo because my program doesnt have in verification in it.

Shane

Offline kkay

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 06:28:23 pm »
Good to know that this is the file from this program, now to get Comodo to not see it as a problem.  The new Comodo is different, so I will have to search on that and fix it. 

The verification is on this website.  You have to do it to register, that was all fine and good.  But then before I could send my first post, it won't me to verify those letters again, before I could push send on my post.  The letters are small, and not clear.  I don't see it now on the second post I'm doing.  Thanks for the help!  I also liked that video on Major Geeks about how to run the program.  Looks simple, yet effective.  Thank you very much.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 06:40:11 pm »
Ah the verification is only for registering and the first post. This is to try and stop spam bots :-)

After the first post it doesnt ask any more :-)

Shane

Offline kkay

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 07:11:30 pm »
Thank you for no more of those.  I was going blind and tried for untold times to see it, and type it in properly.  They are not only small, they are not clear.  I am very relieved to hear I am done with that...thank you for that too...lol.