Author Topic: Unsure what to do with Registry Backup  (Read 5848 times)

Offline BloodRaven

• View Profile
Unsure what to do with Registry Backup
« on: February 05, 2013, 06:10:21 pm »
Hello, I'm quite new to the process of backing files up,

I don't know what to do with the Tweaking Registry Backup. I did click the "back up now" but after that it kept staying at "Backup Progress: Files to Backup", so I don't know if this is bad to do, but I pressed the close button because I got impatient. I didn't change any of the settings though. I don't know how backups work unfortunately so I don't know how long they take, but I watched the video before downloading and it should've take about a few minutes or within 2 hours? I don't know if I paused it but I saw in the log it says this " C:\>start "" /wait "C:\Program Files (x86)\Tweaking.com\Registry Backup\files\vss_pause.exe" ", although I saw the CPU usage and task manager that the program is still active(while other programs are closed). I don't know if I messed up the backup or not but I'm worried. The version I downloaded is v1.5.1(from bleeping computers).

Offline BloodRaven

• View Profile
Re: Unsure what to do with Registry Backup
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 07:18:36 am »
I clicked on the vss_pause file without thinking, now it has 3 of its processes running, will that affect anything? And I want to stop the vss_start process but I'm unsure if doing so with task manager will damage my computer.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Unsure what to do with Registry Backup
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 02:42:43 pm »
The program takes a little bit depending how quick the volume shadow copy responds. Those exe's are what works with the volume shadow copy. If the volume shadow copy isnt working on the computer properly the program will sit there forever waiting for the vss to respond. If you have that problem just go to the settings tab, then click on open advanced settings. Put a check on always use fallback method. It wont use the vss any more and will use the Windows API just like erunt does :wink:

Shane