Author Topic: Intermittent sound, internet and file problem  (Read 6414 times)

Offline Nob22

• View Profile
Intermittent sound, internet and file problem
« on: February 06, 2013, 05:20:21 pm »
Hello everyone first time poster but I've been reading for a while since I was turned on to this site and the all in one tool by a friend. Sorry but this will be lengthy so I can explain fully.

I have a problem that's been annoying me for a long time, it's intermittent and it's 3 things happening at once, my sound will either go up tp 100% or down to 0% and you can't move it off of either, at the same time I will not be able to get an internet page to load or it will automatically scroll backwards through all the pages I have been on and stop at my homepage, internet connection is good and it will not load any other page it just stays blank, also when this happens I cannot load any programs or open any document files. I can usually fix this with a reboot sometimes multiple reboots and it will work until I shutdown or at least for a few hours or a few days. I do not have any viruses or malware, I check regularly and run boot scans with 2 different scanners. The only error message that ever comes up is "the web page is not responding".

I have completely restored the system more than once, I have tried windows repair, I have tried a registry repair scan tool, (registry reviver), I have tried PC pitstop Optimizer and I have tried Tweaking.com AIO. I have updated to latest drivers more than once. I am running Windows 7 64 bit on a Gateway FX6800, 12g ram, Nvidia 560TI vid card, 1TB hdd.

Any help or insights would be muchly appreciated as this problem has been plaguing me for some time and it's the first time I haven't been able to fix a problem ever!!

« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 05:37:16 pm by Nob22 »

Offline NoWhereMan

• View Profile
Re: Intermittent sound, internet and file problem
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 01:08:44 am »
With all your hard work, rebuilding the  PC and still having issues, I'd look towards a hardware issue.
Assuming there are no 'dust bunnies clogging air passages and having the unit over heat -
I would start be running  WinDIAG memory tester. And  removing enough RAM to have 4 GB installed aka three tests of 4 GB per test.
Look next at the possibility of a Bios update.
Reset the Bios settings to non-tweaked.
Other appropriate hardware tests.
Rollback or update  video drivers.
There's your homework assignment.
grin
hth

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 10:54:16 am »
Very odd behavior.

One thing though, this may sound odd. But changing the volume, moving back to previous web pages and some of the others can all be done from the keyboard. It is silly but try using a different keyboard. Worth a shot lol

Does any of the problems happen in safe mode with networking?

I dont think it is bad hardware (Maybe the keyboard) because when you have bad memory or other hardware the system will give errors, lock up, crash. It doesnt move pages or change volume.

Shane

Offline Nob22

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 04:37:42 pm »
Hey Guys, thanks for the replies.  It's definately not a keyboard problem I'm using a new one I picked up today and still the same issues.

I've had memory problems in the past and it didn't manifest like this, I've tried newer and older vid drivers and it didn't help so I'm leaning toward bios update, any tips on making that work?

I'll also try safe mode and see what happens.

Thanks........

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 04:46:14 pm »
Let me know how safe mode goes for you :wink:

Shane