Author Topic: forwarding of incoming emails to third party risky?  (Read 9692 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
forwarding of incoming emails to third party risky?
« on: February 27, 2013, 08:20:05 pm »
Hi,    I used to get email alerts on my mobile from a trusted site, i do not want to mention. But , for the past two days, there was a warning that the server did not accept my incoming mails and want me to wait for some days.
        I have chosen this service for it is free and thought dependable. Hi, Shane, sir, now i realise that they could simply deactivate my account so i could not get pass on to see e my emails. I have not deactivated it.
       In simple words, i have forwarded my mails to a party and then i get the email alerts on my phone. This is the usage of forwarding emails option in the gmail.
        To day, i log in to your website and come to the forum to see the replies, which i could not from my gmail.
          Shane, sir, is it possible for the third party to view the contents of the mail, as i learnt that only electronic signals would go their server and return the mails to us. If the case is otherwise, then i can stop my forwarding services to that party. waiting for your valuable reply
          Whenever i come to your forum, i feel happy that i am getting suitable answers to my question. How to use bolding etc in the provided mailbox
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: forwarding of incoming emails to third party risky?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 06:02:36 pm »
If you have gmail set to forward your emails to a different address then only that address should get them.

What kind of alerts are you getting? For myself I just setup my gmail right on my phone. Since I use it as imap it stays synced with thunderbird on my system.

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 07:22:10 pm »
Hi,     I enabled google imap and forwarding to one free sms service and email alert service. Suddenly i found that the same has been deactivated, not by me, but by somehow. So i could not view my inbox emails. So, i had the doubt of asking you whether the third party would be able to see the contents of the email. I was told by some experts, that only electronic signals or pulses would be transmitted at the third party server. Is that correct. I am asking questions in this site because i am getting spantaneous reply from this site. How to activate the post reply icons like bold, italics,underline

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 10:14:44 am »
I was told by some experts, that only electronic signals or pulses would be transmitted at the third party server

That makes no sense to me lol

When your forward an email your sending the whole email. I cant think of any reason why you would need to forward your email to a service for anything.

Any kind of email alert service you normally just put your email in and they send alerts to that email. You dont forward or send emails to them.

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 10:26:29 am »
Hi, This is typically all about. I have given a forwarding address to the third party , who will give email alerts on my mobile. So, whenever i receive an email, it will send the email alert about the subject and from whom i am getting. It was a reputed site, so i opted for this facility.
If suppose, i remove the forwarding address, will i be getting my emails, as before? Oh i was using this for more than 2 years, and there seemed no problem. But for the past few days, i could not send or open the email . How to do it to restore to normal email alerts only in computer. Will it be possible to stop them from recieving my mails or would they try to mess up the things that altogether i would not be able to read any incoming email. Thanks for the rocket reliable replies

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 12:13:24 pm »
What is the site that does the alerts, I can look them up and see what is going on. I have a feeling we are getting terms mixed up lol

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 05:23:35 pm »
Hi, Shane, it is way2sms.Please tell me how to activate bold, italics and underline in the post reply box

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 06:57:01 pm »
Free Email alerts On Mobile

Get email alerts for your gmail, yahoo accounts too

The only reason to even use something like that to get an sms when you get an email is if your phone cant do email. Otherwise they do have access to your account.

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 10:46:19 pm »
Hi,    How to disable this feature. I queried on the contents of the message being accessing. They do not have a tel no to talk. How i can stop. can i by disabling . How pl do advise.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2013, 10:49:09 pm »
Disable your account with them and then go change your email password so they cant log into it :wink:

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2013, 11:22:02 pm »
Hi,   would mere removing of forwarding address in my gmail setting be enough. Should i disable imap also.The change of email password is a nice solution. But you might have noticed that they have millions in their free service. Could it be possible to access the contents of my emails. My assumption of their servers receiving only electronic signals is correct or not . Please give me solutions.
[/b]

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2013, 11:28:56 pm »
Hi,   In continuation of my last reply,  i wish to ask you whether they be able to stop my incoming emails . How much day it will take to effectively cancel their access to my email address.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2013, 02:45:57 pm »
Changing your email password is the most important part. As soon as you change the password they will no longer be able to log into your email.

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2013, 05:23:27 pm »
Hi, Thank you Shane. I will do that.
" My assumption of their servers receiving only electronic signals is correct or not . " Pl your valuable advice on the above lines.