Author Topic: How to view and copy all the email addresses in inbox of my gmail  (Read 9006 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi,,
                when occasionally you type n, the gmail does show the name of all or few suggested names in the letter N only. Is there any way that i could view all my email addresses in one click or some methods and could i copy the same to other format, say excel.
                I am asking this question, because, i could use the addresses for filtering usage in future,
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: How to view and copy all the email addresses in inbox of my gmail
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 03:58:32 pm »
You have no control over that in gmail. But gmail does give you an export option you can use for you contacts and get them in a file that way :wink:

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 12:36:11 am »
Hi,   Are contacts and email address one and the same? If, how to export it, sir. Contacts i suppose, is an additon to the email addresses manually by the user. is it not? Why gmail is only suggesting the alphabet that we type rather than showing all the email address

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 06:45:48 pm »
Contacts are stored and it has both their name and email. Google has it in their help file :-)

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 06:54:29 pm »
Sir,   Please elaborate on your answer, sir. My doubt is that should one has to add to the contacts all the email address in the google format before one could export or save it. sir. Is there any genuine, software to have this feature without of course not compromising on the security. Sir. It will be a very difficult task to remember a friend's email address by browsing thro. the latest eamails to older ones. If suppose, the name my friend chooses could not be remembered  then how to go about finding his email, sir. If the list is given from a to z then one will be able to point his email address. I have also written to gmail help , but no useful reply so far, sir. Please forgive me if any thing i mentioned is wrong

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 06:57:42 pm »
I meant that they have all that info in the support pages :-)

Here is how to export out contacts and emails from gmail  :wink:

http://support.google.com/mail/answer/24911?hl=en

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 07:07:05 pm »
Hi, Of course,  I tried that and exported all my conctacts to scv format, as i do not know the ipod format. I think that scv is a comma separator excel sheet. But the problem is that it exports , i think, all messages including the links in it, (email link) along with mesage contents. It would be a difficult task of separating the mail address, from the other things included in the file scv format.
                    More over , the row would allow the messages in ones inbox including other things, but the column would allow only 256 entries. So when i transpose the entire thing, it will not allow because there are only 256 columns.
                    Is there a simple way of getting the email addresses from your inbox in gmail. I have surfed and asked the forum members in gmail. But no useful reply.
                     I open this thread after a long gap, because i have to try the solutions. I request, mr, shane to include all the threads which user started, so that they could find their threads easily.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 12:23:15 pm »
I am afraid I dont know of any other way bud. You should be just exporting the contacts, not the emails with them.

Shane