Author Topic: HotShield is a fake VPN Service  (Read 10319 times)

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
HotShield is a fake VPN Service
« on: August 03, 2014, 11:53:11 am »
I was one of the users of the HotShield program , which I've used it in order to surf the Internet, I've used it for several years, and in 2013 I had a doubt about this HotShield program and what's HotShield program have to do in our system ?
They claim that there the program to give safe surfing on the Internet with the user's identity to hide, / IP address or change to a new one? But this is nonsense, the company itself not protect anyone on the Internet it is to help us to get on with the Google Redirect pages with their own toolbar ....
With a payment page after it was added to the newer versions in the beginning of 2013, I noticed that there was something strange happens when I have to turning on a HotShield program  and then i have to turning off and have do a scan with combofix’s pick up an infected dll file on my pc! & Every time you use this HotShield program will get the same infected dll file! so don’t use it anymore :) just Uninstall programs from the system !

HotShield is a spy company  :smiley: Get rid of them and do not pay even one penny  :artist:

I have discovered the secrets of that company in 2013 and now been confirmed.  :smiley: http://lavasoft.com/mylavasoft/company/blog/how-to-remove-hotspot-shield

Offline Samson

• View Profile
Re: HotShield is a fake VPN Service
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 03:01:44 pm »
Bundleware seems to be the business model employed by many freeware distributors. The addition of toolbars, search engines, changing homepages and other third party programs in the installer package. Some sites, like MajorGeeks.com for example. have taken to highlighting these bundled packages in their listings to help users identify them.

"This program is advertising supported and may offer to install third party programs that are not required for the program to run. These may include a toolbar, changing your homepage, default search engine or other third party programs. Please watch the installation carefully to opt out."

Samson.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 04:37:09 am by Samson »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 03:12:41 pm »
I seem to be one of the few freeware programs that dont exclude that crap LOL

While I could add a toolbar and make some money, it would also hurt my reputation. I cant stand the toolbars and crap, so why would I do that to my users? I would rather build a pro version of something and sell it rather than use a toolbar.

Shane

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 04:30:23 am »
Bundleware seems to be the business model employed by many freeware distributors. The addition of toolbars, search engines, changing homepages and other third party programs in the installer package. Some sites, like MajorGeeks.com for example. have taken to highlighting these bundled packages in their listings to help users identify them.

"This program is advertising supported and may offer to install third party programs that are not required for the program to run. These may include a toolbar, changing your homepage, default search engine or other third party programs. Please watch the installation carefully to opt out."

Samson.

Thanks for the useful information  :smiley:

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 04:54:15 am »
I seem to be one of the few freeware programs that dont exclude that crap LOL

While I could add a toolbar and make some money, it would also hurt my reputation. I cant stand the toolbars and crap, so why would I do that to my users? I would rather build a pro version of something and sell it rather than use a toolbar.

Shane

That's right, a few programs are clean, but there are a lot of crap/junk/malware toolbar and software, which targets All users who have surfs the Internet.! We all know that the toolbars are the most  a malicious software and the purpose is to break into computers without the user's knowledge and steal data and personal files!
The toolbars will hijack your web browser and maybe your system and should immediately remove any toolbar is within the malware '! And then there is someone’s on your web browser who is spying on you!

For the Pro version are a great idea and do not need anything else except all your programs that are more powerful and wonderful.  :tongue: :wink:

keep all good work ;) spin  :tongue:
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 04:56:33 am by G-hot »

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 03:48:17 am »
Any alternative of HotShield program?  :blank: :rolleyes:

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 06:24:56 am »
Hi, Ghot ,
                    Thanks Ghot. It is the tool bar bundled programs you downloaded from suspicious sites. If you choose custom installation also, by unchecking the tool bar, it will be installed. There is no escape.
                      If you want to surf the net safely, scanning of bitdefender online scan and dr.web link checker are the best programs i use. The dr.web link checker, checks the web page, it alerts you . It even blocks google web analytics blocked. So far the programs are working smoothly. Shane, May i have user say on these programs.?
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 11:44:11 am »
Hi, Ghot ,
                    Thanks Ghot. It is the tool bar bundled programs you downloaded from suspicious sites. If you choose custom installation also, by unchecking the tool bar, it will be installed. There is no escape.
                      If you want to surf the net safely, scanning of bitdefender online scan and dr.web link checker are the best programs i use. The dr.web link checker, checks the web page, it alerts you . It even blocks google web analytics blocked. So far the programs are working smoothly. Shane, May i have user say on these programs.?

hi jraju

I never download anything except do I download from the official websites so I do not think that the HotShield program is safe to use? As I mentioned in post 1, however, the hotShield program have to auto Install the toolbar, which have in some cases there is no option for unchecking this ?

and i have running many malware/antispyware scanner and my pc is clean!

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 02:55:38 am »
Hi,

The installation of tool bar, in some programs there are available screens and in some, they would ask you to close the entire browsers, and then install. You do not know what is being installed at all until it finishes. In cnet programs, which i used to download freewares, they started including PUP, potentially Unwanted Programs along with their search engine tool bar. There is no option to uncheck, and there are programs which will automatically downloaded with original programs. I also wrote to the cnet, but ony got evasive replies. If they are succeeding in installing their search engine, this will change your google search not to appear when you connect to the internet. The seach option of these tool bars are very limited or none at all. Then you have to uninstall using manual method of removing these in computer and as well as in registries. It has taken three hours to find those registries. Working with registry involve risking of your computer not starting at all.. So, if there is anyl tool bar associated downloads, i select majorgeek.com, which does not allow anything other than the original. File hippo is also one another safe download site.
                    Hope that i explained
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2014, 06:25:13 pm »
hi

and good info  :smiley: i know about crapyware they in everywhere place’s !  :undecided: and now i have find this Spotflux program but i don’t know if they a spywares like hotshield : -( :wink: