Author Topic: Startup Screen Error Message  (Read 5696 times)

Offline gammylynn

• View Profile
Startup Screen Error Message
« on: June 18, 2014, 08:38:49 am »
I have windows xp dell dimension 2400 since 2005, 1536 gig memory and 40 gig hard drive. I can't send a screen shot as it won't paste a "print-screen" before windows starts up. It tells me that my pc shut down incorrectly, options to start in Safe Mode, Normal, Last Configuration that started normally.  There was another option I can't remember. It tells me there is a problem in system configuration due to a possible hardware or software recent installation. I haven't installed new hardware since this problem began about 8 months ago. Any suggestions? If I can supply another other info let me know. I have another start up problem but I'll send this and send other later in week. Thanks gammylynn

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Startup Screen Error Message
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 02:09:09 pm »
That is a standard error message. Basically your system is blue screening and is auto rebooting so you are not seeing the blue screen.

The blue screen could be from bad memory, bad hard drive, a simple windows error, a virus or about a million other things. So the the first thing to do is to see if you can get into windows at all. Did you try to boot into safe mode?

Shane

Offline gammylynn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 05:00:30 am »
yes I did go into safe mode but still wasn't sure what to do...It only does it when I start my pc it doesn't reboot once it's on...I have tried your software windows repair all in one thinking maybe it would fix it or at least identify it..maybe you could give me some suggestions what to do in safe mode...thanks

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 05:10:34 pm »
OK so in safe mode it works fine?

If so then go into safe mode and the go to start and then run and put in

msconfig

Once msconfig is open click on the services tab, put a check on the bottom to hide micrososft services, now uncheck all the services that are left. Now click on the startup tab and uncheck everything there.

What we are doing is disabling all the things that are loading at start up. One of them may be causing the blue screen. Once done reboot like normal and see if windows will load and lets go from there :wink:

Shane