Author Topic: solvedWIN ALL IN ONE REAPIR v2.9.2 fails to reset system account reg permissions  (Read 8124 times)

Offline Squatch

• View Profile
 :sarcastic: :cry: win 7 32 PRO Old Gateway e 475 M --- Belive I had some malware ??? Although malware bytes combo fix etc shows none CC cleaner will not clean Firefox temp files and Firefox will not launch an operate without immediate lock up machine painfully slow use this box as a streaming MOP# player for the most part
I had not set up system recovery restore points so SOL there.  all in one repair hangs at "reset Reg Permissions HKEY_classes_Root & Sub Keys   running repairs under system account "tried to investigate a manual work around but skills to limited any recommendation , PS it does however pass doing permission resets under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE & SUB KEYS       TIA    SQUATCH
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 04:13:34 pm by Squatch »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
When the repair tries to run check the task manager and see if the set_acl exe is running, that is the exe the repair calls to set the permissions. If it is running it isnt locked up, but just may be taking a really long time.

Or if the repair doesnt even start is there any error messages?

Shane

Offline Squatch

• View Profile
Shane thanks for the quick response while I got my 3 hours rest for the night .......set_acl32.exe is running as far as I can tell most of the timer while system account permission  registry settings are being attempted below is the feed back I receive

Started at (10/13/2014 10:10:38 AM)

Setting Any Missing 'InstallDate' From Uninstall Sections Before Running Repair...
Total Missing 'InstallDate' Fixed: 1

01 - Reset Registry Permissions 01/03
   HKEY_CURRENT_USER & Sub Keys
   Start (10/13/2014 10:10:41 AM)
   Running Repair Under Current User Account
   Done (10/13/2014 10:10:51 AM)

01 - Reset Registry Permissions 02/03
   HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE & Sub Keys
   Start (10/13/2014 10:10:51 AM)
   Running Repair Under System Account
(10:17:21 AM) he current repair has failed to start for over 30 sec.
Trying Again....

The current repair has failed to start for over 30 sec.
Trying Again....

The current repair has failed to start for over 30 sec.
Trying Again....

Done (10/13/2014 10:16:47 AM)

Done, but failed, at (10/13/2014 10:16:47 AM)
   Total Repair Time: 00:06:10

The current repair has failed to start 4 times.
Something is keeping the repair from running.
Please post in the Tweaking.com forums for support.
(10:18:43 AM) Starting Repairs...
   Started at (10/13/2014 10:17:27 AM)

Done, but failed, at (10/13/2014 10:17:57 AM)
   Total Repair Time: 00:00:35

The current repair has failed to start 5 times.
Something is keeping the repair from running.
Please post in the Tweaking.com forums for support.
Thanx Squatch :cry:

Offline Squatch

• View Profile
Just what I love another phrickin Anomaly as my old computer electronics proffer used to tell me in the early 90's PFM when he couldn't answer a question easy answer  WHEN YOU FLAT OUT DON'T KNOW SORT OF LIKE A Politician or business executive . My issues seem to be resolved fro the time being at least ....I am going to run the machine through the mill and test but appears to be functioning at least 80% correct Shane  Thanks for your attention you provide a great service here I have used you utilities and education many times over the years  many Thanks :thinking:

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Let me know how it goes. Most of the repairs are run under the system account, which my program uses the tweaking_ras.exe in the files folder to do that. It installs itself as a service, starts the repair as the system account and then removes itself from the services.

If for any reason it isnt able to run or something stops it from running you will get that error.

Shane

Offline Squatch

• View Profile
nOT SURE WHY IT ERRED OUT SEVERAL TIMES LIKE 5I KEPT REPEATING THE PROCESS IN ITS ENTIRETY AND APPEARS TO HAVE RESOLVED THE ISSUE ALSO RAN MAJOR JUNK CLEANING AND MALWARE CLEANING TO BOOT FINGERS CROSSED ONE OF MY 6 NETWORKED TOYS  CAN NOW PLAY MY 15 GIGS OF CLASSICS TO MY OUTDOOR BOOM BOX ON MY TIKI BAR  UPDATED SUBJECT AS SOLVED  - THANKS GAIN