Author Topic: Computer HELP :-) not sure if I am posting right..please read  (Read 5833 times)

Offline purehoni

• View Profile
Computer HELP :-) not sure if I am posting right..please read
« on: October 17, 2014, 06:45:48 pm »
Hi,

Not too sure if I am posting in right area, never really used forums before, but about 2 months ago I got windows to fix my computer remotely because office programs werent working, so after 12 hours they figured out i had malware etc and fixed the issue, everything seems to be working fine, however (since i dont use it often) a couple of days ago i went to use the ACER crystal webcam and it prompted me to install, so I pressed install and then nothing happens, I wait a good 5 mins and pressed it again and still nothing!

Now because i dont use the webcam often, the last time it was used was before windows support help me, and because i only paid the 30 day guarantee thing they cant help me fix it unless i pay another $80 because the 30 days lapsed.

I have tried the following to fix it... and considering im not a computer tech... not sure if its the right way to do it...

* when onto "http://www.onlinemictest.com/webcam-test"  website to make sure cam is working and it did

* i have uninstalled and redownloaded acer crystaleye and even though ive able to get through to the install wizard program once the icon has come onto my start menu and still does the same thing as before ( ask to install and nothing happens)

* I have ran the new windows repair following all the instructions to the letter and still does the same thing

* i have downloaded Malwarebytes Anit-malware and checked...everything is fine....

I just dont know what to do?????

any suggestions will be helpful and greatly appreciated :-)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Re: Computer HELP :-) not sure if I am posting right..please read
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 04:59:08 am »
hi,   Did you see the instructions on your specific web cam. Is that windows 7 os?
               http://techrena.net/download-acer-crystal-eye-web-cam-driver-windows-7/
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Computer HELP :-) not sure if I am posting right..please read
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 11:40:11 am »
What is it you click on to open it and prompts you to install something? Any chance you could post a screen shot of it so i can see exactly?

Shane