Author Topic: network access denied  (Read 16885 times)

Offline r2d20758

• View Profile
network access denied
« on: December 15, 2014, 04:29:38 pm »
I ran the advanced tweak to disable the services and functions. Now i can't run my home group provider service or start the service. i need to enable this service to run my home network. i can access my PC but can't access my laptop through my home group network.  Home group service will not start. Error says" not accessible you don't have permission to use this network resource.  contact administrator of this server to find out if you have access permission. This server service is not started" Is there any way to undo this tweak? Thanks for any help mark running windows 7 ultimate 64bit (all updates are current)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 04:31:33 pm by r2d20758 »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: network access denied
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 05:51:24 pm »
Did you go to the services and make sure the homegroup services are set to automatic?

Shane

Offline r2d20758

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 07:28:45 pm »
yes all related services will not start all set to automatic even tried to start service with no luck. I downloaded and ran your tweaking.com set windows services to default start up program with no luck. One positive the program got my blue tooth speakers to work!!!!! service for them wouldn't start either. Thank you thank you spent 3 days trying to get them to work. Here's another pix when I try to start the service
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 07:37:28 pm by r2d20758 »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 09:32:20 am »
I see the other homegroup service is running. Does the event viewer show anything for the homegroup service when you first start the computer up?

Shane

Offline r2d20758

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 05:04:09 pm »
No errors logged for home group service but this one just started since resetting default services???

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2014, 02:40:45 pm »
The default services repair simply sets the auto, manual and disable on the services, thats all. So something else is going on, lets see if we can find out what.

Open the windows service manager, open the computer browser service and click on the dependencies tab and tell me what it has in there. Once of those services needs to be running for that to run and so I am curious what it has listed. :wink:

Shane

Offline r2d20758

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 04:00:05 pm »
I managed to start a lot of the dependencies but some will still not start. Here's a few screen shots if it helps. Unfortunately I can't show all the expanded dependencies as properties window will not maximize thanks again. Strange the computer browser service won't start but some dependencies will???

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 04:25:12 pm »
Try stopping the Bonjour service as that can sometimes cause havoc with Networking.

Can you go into Device Manager/View/Show hidden devices/Non-Plug and Play Drivers and check for any yellow alerts - also let us know if you have any Unknown Devices listed - this is normally caused when something else has a driver problem.

This ESET Services Repair Tool can repair damaged services http://kb.eset-la.com/library/ESET/KB%20Team%20Only/Malware/ServicesRepair.exe

See if this MS Fixit can do anything for you if you are still having problems. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943996/en-us
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 04:48:38 pm by Boggin »

Offline r2d20758

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2014, 07:01:23 pm »
Yellow alert with microsoft Virtual Wifi miniport adapter, Device status-this device cannot star (code 10) tried to update drivers but it wouldn't update got an error message "downloaded but couldn't update" Also alert with adgnetworktdi, Device Status- this device is not present, not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed (code 24) Tried starting it no luck! (see attachment for results) Just tried again to update MS virtual minport adapter and it says :the best driver software for your device is already installed but still has alert?? Also stopped Bonjour service. Also tried MS fix it and Eset fix about a week ago with no luck  :confused: thanks again  :cheesy: Just removed both of them miniport adapter drivers installed fine now. Homegroup still won't work???
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 07:39:16 pm by r2d20758 »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 01:56:52 am »
Do you have AdGuard installed ?

That Non-Plug and Play item is for AdGuard TDI Network Driver and wondering if WR had corrupted it.

With some Non-Plug and Play items you can right click on them - select Uninstall then either click on Action/Scan for hardware changes or just reboot for it to reinstate, but I'm not familiar with that network driver.

You could create a restore point and give that a try, but in Googling for some info on it, it has been known to conflict with Online Armour.

Found this download site if that is the item and it needs reinstalling http://adguard.com/en/versions.html or you could just disable it to see if that has any effect.

Does the Computer Browser service start now ?

These are the services that should be set as Started and Auto or Manual as a requirement for Win 7 Internet connectivity -

COM+ Event System
Computer Browser
DHCP Client
DNS Client
Network Connections
Network Location Awareness
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Server
TCP/IP Netbios helper
Wired Autoconfig is set to manual.
WLAN AutoConfig
Workstation

Some of their dependences can be found in Non-Plug and Play Drivers when not listed in Services but from your last post, they appear to be okay.

Edit
Have you run sfc /scannow from an elevated command prompt to see what that reports ?

Just as an afterthought - When you open Network and Sharing Center is the Wireless still showing as a Home Group ?

Just came across this article http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/windows-7-homegroup-not-working-try-these-quick-fixes-912305
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 04:51:55 am by Boggin »

Offline r2d20758

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2014, 08:58:09 am »
removed adguard, no change. started all services you listed successful except for a couple. Computer browser still won't start, I noticed SamSc service is a dependencie but won't start. Homegroup listener service won't start. network is part of homegroup!  :angry:
I just noticed when I turn on the file and printer sharing option in the advanced network sharing and hit save when I go back and check the option it's set back to turn off .  :confused:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 09:31:03 am by r2d20758 »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2014, 09:54:57 am »
Any other time I would suspect an infection but as this has followed running WR, then something else is amiss.

Did you work your way through that article and have you run sfc /scannow ?

Which other service in that list wouldn't start besides Computer Browser ?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 09:56:35 am by Boggin »

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2014, 10:01:39 am »
I've just checked my Services and Non-Plug and Play Drivers and I don't have a listing for that SamSc - which service does that relate to ?

Edit

Just Googled it and it relates to Hosted Public Cloud WiFi Service
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 10:06:07 am by Boggin »

Offline r2d20758

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2014, 11:14:44 am »
ran sfc/scannow OK all services on list started except computer browser and homegroup listener. Samsc is dependencie of computer browser (see attachment) Defiantly no infections!!! Read all articles, tried them, no change . Tried all suggestions (on Google) for file and printer sharing problem in advanced network with no luck. (Still turns off after I save changes) Network discovery stays on.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2014, 01:34:43 pm »
Check to see if the Network Store Interface Service service is running. That is one of the dependency services :wink:

Shane

Offline r2d20758

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2014, 02:00:23 pm »
Hey Shane network store is running! i read in a post Netlogon should be running.  It starts then stops, :confused: see attachment. 

Offline r2d20758

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2014, 03:20:21 pm »
Hey Shane, Found this awesome website, best one I have ever seen or used. It has simple step by step instructions for pretty well any computer problem. maybe you can see something there  :smiley: Her's the link http://computerstepbystep.com/index.html Thanks for all the help so far  :cheesy: just wish we could figure this problem out.

Offline r2d20758

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2014, 01:40:33 pm »
Hey Shane  :smiley: network store is running, the main service problem seems to be Samsc service and Server service still won't start :confused:

Offline r2d20758

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2014, 01:53:35 pm »
Sorry it's Samss driver! :sad:

Offline r2d20758

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2014, 01:58:38 pm »
Hey Shane found this information on Samss. It says it can't be disabled but obviously something has disabled it?? There are a lot of services on the list of dependencies that I don't have in my computer management console. The file name is lsass.exe and is in the right system 32 folder but I noticed there is another one named lsass(100).exe  :confused: i was thinking of removing it to see what happens. I did a registry backup in case. If I cut and paste it to a temp folder I created it won't remove.. should i try and just delete it?? thanks again!! :cheesy:

Security Accounts Manager (System Services for the Windows Server 2003 Family and Windows XP Operating Systems)
3 out of 3 rated this helpful - Rate this topic

Applies To: Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2003 R2, Windows Server 2003 with SP1, Windows Server 2003 with SP2

Service Name: SamSs

Executable Name: Lsass.exe

Log On As: LocalSystem

Description: The Security Accounts Manager (SAM) service is a protected subsystem that manages user and group account information. In Windows 2000 and Windows Server 2003, workstation security accounts are stored by SAM in the registry of the local computer, and domain controller security accounts are stored in Active Directory. In Windows NT 4.0, both local and domain security accounts are stored in the registry.

The startup of this service signals other services that SAM is ready to accept requests.

This service cannot be stopped.

If you disable this service, other services in the system are not notified when SAM is ready, which might cause those services to fail to start correctly. This service should not be disabled.

Available on: Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition; Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition; Windows Server 2003, Datacenter Edition and Windows Server 2003, Web Edition.

Installed through: Default operating system installation

Startup type: Automatic

Service status: Started

This service depends on the following system components:

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

The following system components depend on this service:

DHCP Server

Distributed File System

Distributed Transaction Coordinator

FTP Publishing Service

HTTP SSL

IIS Admin Service

Intersite Messenging

Message Queuing

Message Queuing Downlevel Client Support

Message Queuing Triggers

Microsoft POP3 Service

Network News Transfer Protocol (NNTP)

Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP)

Windows Internet name Services (WINS)

World Wide Web Publishing Service
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 02:46:14 pm by r2d20758 »

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2014, 03:45:23 am »
Sorry for the late reply! My daughter just had her 10th birthday and I got slammed with work so I am just now getting back to the forums.

How are things looking so far? And I wouldnt mind teamviewering into you and taking a look :-)

Shane

Offline r2d20758

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2014, 04:16:48 pm »
No problem buddy :cheesy: How can we arrange this (team viewer) Thanks again for all the help!!

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2014, 10:16:50 am »
Man I am glad the holidays are over lol

Shoot me an email, shane at tweaking.com and we will go from there. :wink:

Of course replace the "at" with a @. I do that so spam bots dont pic up my email address easily.

Shane