Author Topic: Nexus Ultimate  (Read 17740 times)

Offline Xas1953NC

• View Profile
Nexus Ultimate
« on: December 18, 2014, 06:34:52 pm »
I have the paid version of Nexus Ultimate installed on an Acer desktop with Vista Home Premium 32 bit. Upon boot up a panel, appears see screen grab, which advises me to exit the program and run it again, which I do via a shortcut. I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem and can offer a solution. The program's support service has not responded to my queries and I have also joined the forum hoping for an answer. Although my query has been read 118 times to date I have not has a response from anyone on the forum. I have tried running the program as administrator but that just recycles the advice to exit the program and run it again over and over again. I also tried TweakUAC but that did not resolve the issue. Any advice please?

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
Re: Nexus Ultimate
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 06:54:09 pm »
that’s a normal! just exit the program and run it again ! and it will work okay for you ! :smiley:

btw: i have the same as you ! :smiley:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 08:57:44 pm by Gamezertruth »

Offline Xas1953NC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 04:03:40 pm »
Hello Gamerztruth, I did not think it was normal to have to exit Nexus Ultimate and load it up again as I have had the program since 2012 and the problem started to occur about 3 months ago. I even recently updated to v14 from v12 hoping it would have been resolved. I also purchased the program for my wife's Acer Desktop with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit in 2012 and it is still loading without the UAC Prompt panel ever appearing. How long have you had the program installed and did it initially load ok on startup without the UAC prompt panel appearing? 

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 08:26:37 pm »
Hi,
              Try this. Just right click and then properties, and click compatibility tab. There you see whether that box is ticked to run in compatibility mode. If so, untick it and it should work. Otherwise, go to the advanced tab to see whether compatibility is ticked , and if so remove it.
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 06:26:10 am »
Hello Gamerztruth, I did not think it was normal to have to exit Nexus Ultimate and load it up again as I have had the program since 2012 and the problem started to occur about 3 months ago. I even recently updated to v14 from v12 hoping it would have been resolved. I also purchased the program for my wife's Acer Desktop with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit in 2012 and it is still loading without the UAC Prompt panel ever appearing. How long have you had the program installed and did it initially load ok on startup without the UAC prompt panel appearing?

hello as1953  :smiley: yes This is weird! I've had the same message pop-up when it was first installed on my Acer laptop and I've read that message from the program and I have chosen exit of the program, however, I really do not know whether this is a problem or even a bug in the program! but i got the same problem as you on my Acer laptop and windows 7 ultimate 32-bit system and i have installed the program almost a weak ago or so! and i think yes some time it load ok on startup and however i had to kill all my startup programs using hijackthis tool Because there is a problem of unexpected shutdown of the system ! and now my Nexus Ultimate got kill anyway by Adware cleaner ! http://www.tweaking.com/forums/index.php/topic,2646.msg17703.html#msg17703
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 06:28:35 am by Gamezertruth »

Offline Xas1953NC

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 06:27:05 pm »
Hello jraju, yes, I have already done that check but I still get the problem. Thanks

Offline Xas1953NC

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 05:47:31 am »
I have just received a response from Winstep Support.  I had already ensured the compatability and Nexus preferences startup settings were unticked but the problem still exists. Here is the response:

The reason none of the other users replied is because this is not a problem with the application per se (i.e,; none of them have seen it before), but something to do with HOW the application is being launched at start up. Probably something you did by accident or something else interacting with Nexus Ultimate.
For instance, reading back on your emails, you ended up figuring out that the Access Violation error you were getting was caused by buggy context menu handlers. These context menu handlers are provided by 3rd party applications but run within the process of the application that invokes them - if they are buggy and crash, they take down the host application with it as well (in this case, Nexus Ultimate). So, even though the error seems to be a bug in Nexus Ultimate, it really is a bug in a 3rd party application.
Worse, since it is something specific to your system and the software installed in it, figuring out exactly what is causing a crash like this can sometimes be a trial-and-error nightmare - and normally only the user himself can figure it out.
Regarding this particular UAC problem, at some point, somewhere, you must have specified that the Nexus Ultimate executable needs high privileges to run (e.g.; run this program as an administrator).
The first thing you should do to figure this out is to go to the Winstep folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Winstep\ and right click the nexus-ultimate.exe executable. In the context menu that pops up, select Properties. In the Properties dialog go the Compatibility tab. At the bottom (well, at least under Windows 7 you have this option, don't have Vista here anymore to try this out) there should be a 'Run this program as an administrator' option. Is it checked? If so, there's your culprit, please uncheck it.
If that doesn't work, instead of running Nexus Ultimate via the built-in 'Run at startup' setting, try disabling that setting in Nexus Preferences, and adding a shortcut to Nexus Ultimate in the Startup group of the Start Menu.

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 09:14:00 pm »
Hi As
             as per your response, it seems that while installing the software, you would have probably selected some options that specifies the permission to be at high level and so this issue. If it is so , then you could uninstall and reinstall that carefully selecting custom installation or if any screen pops up select accordingly.
                  Here may i say my experience. I installed Media player classic as usual as any application, by clicking next next menus. But while playing i found that sound pose some problem, as if sound emanates from a well deep. Then i posed this query to Shane, the owner of this site, and he promptly pointed out that i need to check the normal sound menu, during installation. I did that and my problem solved. Likewise, while installing select custom and check the menus according to your choice. By giving mcafee high level security settings, i could not download any applications. I hope you understand

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2014, 01:54:12 am »

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 02:05:20 am »
Hi,
                    Did you check the previous version of this program . If it is found, then you could select that as a roll back since version 12 worked for you

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2014, 02:08:56 am »
Hi,
                    Did you check the previous version of this program . If it is found, then you could select that as a roll back since version 12 worked for you

which version ? i think he have the same bug problem on both version 14 and 12 !  :wink:

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2014, 02:14:32 am »
Hi, Gamez

Sorry. I think that he had no problem in v12. Previous version tab, came to me in handy while roll back to previous version. I will definitely try for him as he says that it is a paid version. Why paying when you not tried is another issue

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2014, 02:25:54 am »
hi jraju
ok i will check this on my system by reinstalled it over of the program  :smiley: and back to report it here !  :shy: : )
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 02:27:39 am by Gamezertruth »

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2015, 01:49:04 am »
i just have to downloading a new setup file of Nexus Ultimate as in zip download file and after i ran the setup It turns out that the publisher is unknown which shows that there is potential for the presence of likeness and Compromised in the same installer file so we need to lookup’s more in this software Closely to analyze this file in many website like virustotal and https://forums.malwarebytes.org/ so we need to sent the setup file to both site  :smiley:
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 01:55:11 am by Gamezertruth »

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2015, 02:01:38 am »
as1953 we need to give this a try so you need to completely Uninstall the Nexus Ultimate software by some Uninstaller software out there like this one http://www.ursoftware.com/ and try to installed the Nexus Ultimate software again and let my know how it goes ! if problem still so we have more tool to try it out !  :smiley:
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 02:03:20 am by Gamezertruth »

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2015, 02:05:00 am »
Hi, Why download suspicious file. It will run in your system by asking you to close the browser. You do not know what it installing to your computer. It is always a risk to download from bundled software sites. They inject, whether you use custom mode or express mode.
                     Why not try alternatives? I do not know much about this. But waiting for response from malware,they will inform you all sorts of advice including spybot test, and it will end that you get no solution at the end.
                         Now i download only from reputed download sites, like majorgeek or file hippo , by their own sites, . They check and give downloads without bundled offers.

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2015, 02:12:36 am »
hi  :smiley:

But it is the original developer of the program, so we can not say anything until we receive a response from the malware expert on malwarebytes forum or experts in the field of software etc  :smiley:
and we don’t downloading anything from a Suspicious sites but we do via download from the official websites and I’m sure we don’t want to got reinfection again  :wink:
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 02:14:12 am by Gamezertruth »

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2015, 02:24:39 am »
Yes Gamez,
                  You are correct. I tried download a simple program from its original site. It contains lot of browser,ads, and registry programs as free. I found it by choosing the custom button. Nowadays sites thrive on these. Suppose, your browser changes, then you will not be able to search thro google engine. They would have made inroads in to your registry, which would be difficult to erase, even you uninstall the program. Browser remains any babylon or unwanted search engine. For babylon tool bar, i had to go to regedit to find and delete about 70 items from four hk keys to get rid of this. Antivirus never captures those, as they are not virus, but crept to your system as browser help object. Some of them even take the original windows file shape such as svchost (fake) and would not enable you to delete it.
                      There are always available alternatives which are genuine .
                         Do not you come across, so many forums, where the malware bytes rep would ask you to check with combofix, and other tools to give the solution. So , it is better to avoid those downloads.

Offline Gamezertruth

• View Profile
    • Gamezertruth
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2015, 02:43:44 am »
Yes Gamez,
                  You are correct. I tried download a simple program from its original site. It contains lot of browser,ads, and registry programs as free. I found it by choosing the custom button. Nowadays sites thrive on these. Suppose, your browser changes, then you will not be able to search thro google engine. They would have made inroads in to your registry, which would be difficult to erase, even you uninstall the program. Browser remains any babylon or unwanted search engine. For babylon tool bar, i had to go to regedit to find and delete about 70 items from four hk keys to get rid of this. Antivirus never captures those, as they are not virus, but crept to your system as browser help object. Some of them even take the original windows file shape such as svchost (fake) and would not enable you to delete it.
                      There are always available alternatives which are genuine .
                         Do not you come across, so many forums, where the malware bytes rep would ask you to check with combofix, and other tools to give the solution. So , it is better to avoid those downloads.

hi jraju  :smiley: yes that true so we need to be Wary of all those sites that provide links to download suspicious programs! So anti-virus software is not enough on its own, so we need to install other security programs completely programs such as anti-malware software to secure the device 100% across the scan with this security software's prior installation in order to make sure that there is no infection ! Unfortunately. There are new attacks across the annoying ads that appear on each site or a blog or a forum, which is in the form of direct download links to download the malware, which can not be to detect by any security software so a Adblocks add-one is needed in those days ! lol  :cheesy: http://www.tweaking.com/forums/index.php/topic,2666.0.html  :wink:
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 02:45:56 am by Gamezertruth »