Author Topic: Why i cannot have the written text when i switches to someother tab in middle  (Read 7695 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi,
                  I wrote a useful tweak guide to problems in installing adobe reader, which i will in my next post. I have almost completed but while doing so, i want to have a useful link for the topic. Once, when i get that link address i tried and then came back to my unfinished draft in this forum, but alas, everything was gone, except a blank screen. My tips have vanished. Why this happens when i have not finished and went to get a link to copy to it? Should i do to open a new tab instead of just open another instance of my browser.
                   Update: i also have script finishing problem, when the ads in the page is loading and then changing. When i switch to some other question, then again the script finishing problem occurs. Temporarily i downloaded adblock plus to block ad loading.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 10:11:47 pm by jraju »
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi,  I am experiencing the same problem to day also.
                   I think that it is better to write the answers in word and then copy the same to your post reply

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Never had that problem before. But one thing that does happen to me and it drives me insane is my mouse. I have gaming mouse and it has side buttons on it, my thumb would sometimes hit the side button which would then cause the page to go back and I would lose all I wrote.

Nothing like cursing at your computer screen lol

So for my mouse I downloaded the logitech software to disable the side buttons and I have been happier ever since.

but other than that I dont have any problems. But it is the web browser that holds the info when you type, the site doesnt until you click post.

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Shane,
               some time i get this script is not finished error. That was fixed by me by downloading firefox add on adblock plus. I do not know, if it would invite other problems.
                           Regarding the reply, i wish to point out that if i go to some link to be pasted in my answer then, if i go to that link thro another instant of firefox, and copy the link to be pasted to my answer i get this problem. Normally, the browsers are independent of each session and there should not be anyproblem in my coming back to the anwer page. I have almost written a lengthy tip and it has gone. Thanks

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Well it happened to me, not what you had happen but instead the outcome. I had a great post written out for the technicians toolbox and tried to upload the file, but because the server has a 4 mb file max the post didnt take and firefox didn't remember all that I had typed!!!!

So I had no desire to try and write it out again so I made that post short lol

But in the process and rage I fond an add on for firefox that will remember when i type in the text forms so if it happens again i can pull it up, you might want to give it a try as well.

http://getlazarus.com/download

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi, Quite interesting add on. I will try and thank for the solution. It is not mb size that i have the problem. It is when i checked for marking a link in the reply. Thanks . Now that i could come to the blank page, and by placing the cursor in the subject box, it recovers. I will try. Thank you