Author Topic: how to allocate the hard disc for installation of windows 7  (Read 6233 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
how to allocate the hard disc for installation of windows 7
« on: January 22, 2015, 04:28:03 am »
Hi,
           I  wish to point out that my hard disc totally failed without intimating any fallure symptoms. I have bought a new hard disk. I wan to have a clear cut instruction of how to allocate the space with the installation dvd, when i dacross the more drives option. like delete format new screen. Now my os was loaded with a cloned c: drive, which i need to format to install the disk totally fresh. How to do this.im having 320 gb; hard disk where cloned c: takes some space. Would anyone kind to tell as the procedures are somewhat confusing      Now if i boot from dvd to get to that screen, then it w
illhow to  show some drives. How to do it. 
 should i first to format c: which is cloned one with norma format.
how to get the total disk space of 320 g b to be allocated equally on c,d,e and f partitions.               
      Is it possible to delete this c: to get unallocated bytes and then again create these partitions and then allot each drhe soltive with some memory size. Pl tell the link which gives precisely the solution

The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: how to allocate the hard disc for installation of windows 7
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 05:16:38 am »
If you dont need to save anything on the drive you can delete the partitions at that point during setup and it will combine them all into one again, and then when you choose that new partition you dont even need to format it, windows will automatically do it (If you deleted the partition and it isnt formated yet)

But if you have data you want to keep on the drive, then no you cant do that. Better to backup your data if you have any and then do it the way I said :-)

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 12:20:06 am »
Hi,
          Lovely reply Shanes. It saved me from trouble. I thought, that the specific menu would auto next when you select a partition to install windows. I did as you instructed and that saved me.
                     Regarding partition, I was able to mark, c:, d, e but if i try another partition, then all the menu including delete, format menus becomes grey. May be it is like that. So, i have partitioned like this, my hd 320 gb
50 gb c: and resered, 90 gb for d: and rest to e:.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 03:11:33 pm »
So you where able to get Windows installed ok?

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 10:30:37 pm »
Hi, Thanks. I was able to install the windows. But , Shane, when i inserted the installation dvd, it could not boot from dvd, even though i made it as boot first priority. I looked in to the bios and there was a thing , Plug and Play O/S,that was disabled by default, I enabled it and it worked. Why then it was disabled by default? or is there no connection to this issue.
                          When i open it normally in other computers, the installation dvd opens in Blue window menus. But when i open in my cloud storage, (then it was cloud storage in c:) it brought the action prompting menu screen, like run setup.exe, open folders to see the files etc.