Author Topic: Repair Tool Stuck/Taking Forever  (Read 6933 times)

Offline TehPl0x

• View Profile
Repair Tool Stuck/Taking Forever
« on: March 07, 2015, 07:21:09 pm »
Hello all,

I've been trying to install the student version of the Solidworks 3D modeling program for the past couple days, and have failed every time. I always get an error saying that the program can't access the Microsoft Installer file. After a bit of searching around, I found the Windows Repair tool. I ran the step 2 and step 3 scans and the program and it told me what I already knew - I have some issues. I then started the repair process, with all but a couple options selected. I started this four and a half hours ago, and it's still on repair job 1/39, which is Reset Registry Permissions. I'm not sure if my registry is just THAT messed up, or if the repair tool is having some problems. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Windows 8.1

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Repair Tool Stuck/Taking Forever
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 02:37:39 pm »
When the permissions repairs are ran the setacl exe from the files folder is used, can you open task manager and see if it is running?

Also did you make sure to run the repairs in safe mode with networking?

90% of the time when repairs take a long time or never start it is because of a 3rd party program getting in the way of it, so safe mode is the best play to run it :-)

Shane

Offline TehPl0x

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 01:27:26 pm »
I've decided that I'm just going to get an installation disk from my computer's manufacturer and simply reset it. Would solve all my problems, and I think it'd be fun to start from scratch again. I do appreciate you answering me though!

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 03:04:00 pm »
No problem, and good luck!

Shane