Author Topic: BFE is off and won't turn on  (Read 8134 times)

Offline rjaffeux

• View Profile
BFE is off and won't turn on
« on: March 06, 2015, 01:58:23 pm »
I can't update my antivirus, I found Have done all sorts of things to try and get it back on, Scanned for malware and viruses. I have none as of now. I had tried to update my antivirus and it wouldn't so I went to Microsoft essentials. but don't trust it. Tried to go back to AVG after waiting 6 mo when it wouldn't install I tried several others and they won't either. Out of searching all over found it's because my BFE isn't turned off and when I try to turn it on it won't come on gives me an error 1083. My firewall is also off give me an error 1068. Can't figure it out, annoying me now. I've even used a tool someone else suggested after scanning for malware that is supposed to put files back lost. It reboots the computer but doesn't do it. When it scans to find which ones are gone it says "3" of them but isn't successful about putting them back but doesn't give me an error. If you can help me I would be thankful, if you give me directions please give complete directions I don't know where things are on here if you give me a title of a place. Give me total directions. thank you so much!

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: BFE is off and won't turn on
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 02:17:47 pm »
After you scanned your system and make sure it wasnt infected did you run my Windows repair tool to have it fix those services?

Shane

Offline rjaffeux

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 04:18:46 am »
Yes I ran the windows repair tool. It's hard anymore to remember all the things I've ran now. BUT I rean that repair tool, I've run a reg. repair tool. I've used the Fit it from microsoft which gives me an error and suggests I download another thing to fix that prob. I run that and it doesn't fix it. I just went and sent for the Windows 7 disk, I think I'm going to try doing a clean install. I'm kind of tired of this all.  I do know this Windows essentials isn't protecting anything. I used one of those online virus scanners and found like 10 trojans. Which when I got the essentials I didn't have.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 01:59:04 am »
Was it the ESET Free Online Scanner that was the online program that you ran, if not can you tell us which anti malware program you did use ?

It's possible that you are still infected and running other anti malware program scans is usually advised.

Is this one of the tools you ran to reinstate the services http://kb.eset.com/library/ESET/KB%20Team%20Only/Malware/ServicesRepair.exe

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 03:02:12 pm »
You can grab a Windows 7 disk image here :wink:
https://sites.google.com/site/linuxlablibrary/windows-iso

Shane

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 03:28:06 pm »
You can grab a Windows 7 disk image here :wink:
https://sites.google.com/site/linuxlablibrary/windows-iso

Shane

You can't unless you have a retail key and OEM vendors generic or COA sticker keys don't work.

Clicking on one of those eventually takes you to http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-recovery after clicking on the Windows Downloads link in the first redirect.

MS has had all Win 7 and Vista ISOs pulled - don't know about Win 8/8.1.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 03:48:02 pm »
OEM keys and the keys on the stickers work fine :-)

If it wont take the key during install you can skip putting in the key, then once windows is loaded up you go to active windows and put in your key from the sticker or oem and it works fine  :wink:

Shane

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 03:51:20 pm »
On the new download page I've linked, it won't validate anything but a valid retail key so you can't download the ISO.