Author Topic: Still a "Not Genuine" problem  (Read 5559 times)

Offline Littlefrog

• View Profile
Still a "Not Genuine" problem
« on: March 11, 2015, 06:44:34 pm »
Ok, I've tried everything suggested on this forum for my Windows Not Genuine issue several times.  I get the message activation succeeded in one or another after every run.  The error message returns within seconds.

I've run slui.exe with both the 3 and 4 parameter with success every time but no fix.

Microsoft help looped me around in circle and finally insisted that I talk to the team that built my computer.  What you may not know is that unless you have a product key from something bought at retail or directly from Microsoft they will wash their hands of your problems and tell you that the computer manufacturer is responsible.  In my case the manufacturer went to great lengths to help but eventually ran out of idea.

I am trying one more time here before telling Microsoft what I think.  Very politely of course.

Any additional ideas will be very welcome.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Re: Still a "Not Genuine" problem
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 07:00:30 pm »
The activation tokens get stored in a file, if that file is corrupt it would explain what is going on, have you tried this yet?
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/rebuild-tokens-dat-activation-file-windows

Shane

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Still a "Not Genuine" problem
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 05:02:07 pm »
This is supposed to work for Win 7 if rebuilding the Tokens doesn't do it, although you haven't said which version of Windows you are using.

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/validate/DownloadValidationSupport.aspx?displaylang=en