Author Topic: Multiple Errors Runnning Tweaking Scans -- Not able to get into Safe Mode  (Read 7379 times)

Offline richfed

• View Profile
Hi -

I am running a clean [from HP Recovery Disks] Windows 8.1 Pro w/Media Center 64 bit on a HP Envy Phoenix desktop. Fully updated via Windows Update. Tweaking version 3.14 Pro

Was testing the program, and turned on the F8 option, but Windows will not boot into Safe Mode. Upon initiating the restart, I immediately start tapping the F8 key, but the PC boots into normal Windows.

The Pre-Scan shows reparse errors [not sure what that means]. Check Disk says I need to fix errors on the hard drive. Dism says it is corrupted, but running the cleanup-image /RestoreHealth command tells me in cannot connect. I did the Shutdown Step & Malwarebytes Step, but without being able to get into Safe Mode, I'm not sure these results are valid.

Frustrating ... I just went through a recovery and my system still does not seem normal. Just replaced the OS hard drive, as well. Brand new.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Have the program try to enable the F8 menu again, a black window should open up with the results, grab a screen shot of that and post it for me. :wink:

Shane

Offline richfed

• View Profile
It always says it is successful.

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Try using msconfig to boot into Safe Mode and perhaps WR will fix what is wrong.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The command worked, if you are on a laptop it is possible the F8 key is set to where you have to us the FN key with it, some laptops that is off and you dont have to use FN on others it is on, bugs the crap out of me lol

Shane

Offline richfed

• View Profile
On a PC desktop --- holding FN key with F8 key did not force PC into Safe Mode.

No biggie -- I was just playing around with the functions of the program. Hopefully, I won't need its services until version 4 or 5 when everything is working beautifully. It might have something to do with the HP configuration, I don't know.

Offline Shane

• Administrator
    • View Profile
You can play with the command yourself if you like and see if you can find what is not working, if you find anything let me know and I can update the tool :-)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/enable-the-f8-key-in-windows-8/

Shane