Author Topic: is there a way to know that the slipstreamed service pack is integrated  (Read 6987 times)

Offline jraju

• View Profile
Hi,
                    I have slipstreamed the service pack 1 with windows 7. Is there any way how to check whether it has been integrated. I could use the seven zip to see the contents of the iso it has created. I could also notice some changes in the folders with the data. There was no error while doing the process. But is there any way, to view , the service pack details in the installation iso.
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Shane

• Administrator
  • "Knowledge should be shared not hidden."
    • View Profile
Do a test install in vmware or virtual pc and see how it goes :wink:

Every time I make a new custom iso of the windows install I also do test installs with it to make sure there is no problems.

Shane

Offline jraju

• View Profile
i have only one pc, which if tested may become problematic. Please say, which file contains the packages. I did see sub pack 2/2 being slipstreamed, when i slipstreamed with nlite. I have created a iso also with it. Everything was successful, but is there no way to identify specific files. I am reluctant to test in my working pc. I will check with qemu whether the image is bootable. But reinstallling entirething is something i would try to avoid. I just changed the mobo processor and os.
                             There should be some specific files. I think integrating means writing the required files in particular folders of windows. Is it not, Shane.
The Bottom line is "Check your hardware first if it supports the task you try".

Offline Boggin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
JR - if you want I can send you Win 7 SP1 bootable disks, either 32 or 64bit that I can create from previously Digital River downloads and then you won't need to worry about screwing your system if you aren't confident about the one you have created.